Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Compelling Landing Page Design Is Not Formulaic

D

djbaxter

Compelling Landing Page Design Is Not Formulaic
by Scott Brinker
Apr 21, 2010

Too often, when the topic of landing page design comes up, it?s dismissed superficially with canned prescriptions. Use an image of a person. Use bullets. Use video. Don?t use video. Put a call-to-action button in the lower right. Use the color green wherever possible.

Such fortune cookie advice is bunk.

There are no simple recipes for universal landing page design. To the contrary, the possible ways in which one may design a compelling landing page are unbounded. That?s why design is ?creative,? and not merely paint-by-numbers.

Although there?s no magical formula for cranking out spectacular landing pages, I can share with you a few principles that will make you more savvy in managing design in your conversion optimization projects. More than anything, I want to instill in you a sense of possibility?because ultimately, that?s your greatest competitive edge.

read more...

Landing Pages Advice...

Hi,

Here's my 2 cents on landing pages.

Everybody is numb to the video (and the video JPG that you click that won't start) and flashing arrows on the landing page.

They have all become so cut and paste.

We all have become a bit bored with them.

However, what has worked really well for me is to give away a critical piece of information on the landing page. But still keep your "squeeze box".

If folks like the free info you are offering they will sometimes opt-in anyway.

You can also bury an "email opt-in" link in the free report or info that you give them without subscribing.

Yeah, it's counter-intuitive.

I can only say that it works very well for me.

Thanks for "listening".

Jack

Hi,

Here's my 2 cents on landing pages.

Everybody is numb to the video (and the video JPG that you click that won't start) and flashing arrows on the landing page.

They have all become so cut and paste.

We all have become a bit bored with them.

However, what has worked really well for me is to give away a critical piece of information on the landing page. But still keep your "squeeze box".

If folks like the free info you are offering they will sometimes opt-in anyway.

You can also bury an "email opt-in" link in the free report or info that you give them without subscribing.

Yeah, it's counter-intuitive.

I can only say that it works very well for me.

Thanks for "listening".

Jack

Hey Jack,

I understand your sentiments, but if these things still convert well (which I've found they do) then don't you think we'll continue to see more of them not less?

Just because you're bored of them don't you think they still work though? I'm all for trying new things but you can't argue with the fact that everyone still uses this same stuff.

Looks like everyone has their own view on landing pages, it could depend on the site's purpose but you do want the user to stay at your site, so anything interesting to encourage the user such as highly interesting news or media (but not fake) is a great choice. Search engines love keyword rich links to your best website articles and pages.

banners
Back