The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Communicating with affiliates...

prosoft

affiliate
I use CJ to manage our affiliate program. I am not having the greatest luck with communicating with the affiliates. I will email the contact person on the account and don't get many responses. Anyone have any recommendations to open the lines of communication and begin the dialog? I am not sure if it is even really the norm to talk to them very often?

Good question! I've managed a dozen affiliate programs including a few at CJ and can tell you that this is the norm in most cases. Often to get better response you need to be offering something, say a contest or ask for suggestions on your program. Asking for ways you can improve your program as far as links, banners, etc, can get some responses.

But newsletters alone usually do not get responses, if that is your only means.

Thanks for the tips...

I have a few of the bigger affiliates signed up like Vigilink. Do they typically do things on their own or do they work directly with you?

Thanks for the tips...

I have a few of the bigger affiliates signed up like Vigilink. Do they typically do things on their own or do they work directly with you?

Ron is right on target above. I am both an affiliate marketer and an affiliate manager and my experience matches his exactly.

The only time I get much in the way of interaction going is when I choose to hold a training webinar. Then I get huge attendance and great communication going -during the webinar. And it drops back to usual after the webinar.

I do get a reasonable amount of two way comms going through my affiliate training site but it's usually my guys with a question and me answering it.

One of the best things I've found (and forgot to mention), if you you can get them to agree, is to have a one on one phone call with them. But getting them to find the time for you can sometimes be a challenge.

But I do suggest you know your stuff if you are going to go one on one with them. If you are new to managing programs, then the one on one may not be the best path.

It's difficult to get in touch personally because affiliates often sign up to loads of sites, get the links, post them on their site and rarely come back. Most only come back if they get an automated e-mail saying they made a sale.

Best to have an intro video when your affiliates sign up, explaining why you'd like to contact them. Try to set something up, or get them to sign up to a specific mailing list via your site.

Hi, if I understood correctly from your initial post you have said that you've got problem with communicating with the affiliates. I am not familiar with CJ but on ClixGalore and Google Affiliate Network there is an option to e-mail all your affiliates. You can send them whenever you've uploaded some new creatives or, like Ron suggested above, when you want to make a competition. It helps to smoke them out.

I use CJ to manage our affiliate program. I am not having the greatest luck with communicating with the affiliates. I will email the contact person on the account and don't get many responses. Anyone have any recommendations to open the lines of communication and begin the dialog? I am not sure if it is even really the norm to talk to them very often?

If you have a hard time getting a response from a publisher in CJ, then one option I have used in the past is to contact CJ and get a hold of an account rep. there (either your own, or the publishers own, or a random one). Reach out to the CJ representative and ask them to help you reach out to the publisher. You must be persistent.

The representatives there all know each other, and sometimes you can get your rep to reach their rep and make introductions. However, one heads up. Only do this if you really have something important to say, otherwise you will be labeled boy who cried wolf.

banners
Back