The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Commission Junction question

3pancakes

I have been declined from every commission junction merchant program I have applied to. Do you need to have a set amount of traffic to a site before you can apply? I have been submitting my online marketing plans for a new site.
Also, would you recommend selling clickbank products? I consider myself a newb so any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you!

Hi 3pancakes,

Each merchant has different approval criteria. Some approve everyone, some only sites that match their market and some don't accept newbies and you have to have a certain amount of traffic or CJ earnings.

However many will approve you if you send an email explaining your new site and how you plan to market them.

I don't particularly recommend CB for new affiliates, I'm sort of anti-info products in general, however many affiliates start there and say they do well.

Have you tried Shareasale? They have lots of good retail programs and are a little more newbie friendly than CJ merchants are.

Thank you for responding, this clarifies a lot for me.
I have emailed some CJ merchants but so far no acceptances.
I do have 2 share a sale products on my new blog, although this is recent and I have yet to make a sale.
What do you think of Amazon? I tend to think the commission is low. Maybe tho as a beginner I'm asking too much.

Well on Amazon the commissions are low PLUS there is only a one day cookie.
However on the PLUS side it's the most trusted and respected brand on the net,
so I assume conversion rates are very good.

I would assume that's primarily if you use datafeeds or have an Amazon store, which I do not.

Ya same thing happend to me as well. Personally i dnt like cj because the the commission is terrible 3-4%.On a $100 dollar product thats 3-4 dollars. I would prefer clickbank, there you get 50 -75% commission with thousands of products to choose from.

The other thing is relevancy. If your site is about related to one niche and you are applying to a merchant in a completely opposite one, you like will not be approved (if the merchant reviews sites).

reali i find it pretty easy to sell them provided you have a list. A list is key to selling clickbank products and facebook advertising is a great way to sell clickbank products aswell

Ya same thing happend to me as well. Personally i dnt like cj because the the commission is terrible 3-4%.On a $100 dollar product thats 3-4 dollars. I would prefer clickbank, there you get 50 -75% commission with thousands of products to choose from.

I beg to differ with you on that one. If you pull up all merchants at CJ, then click on the Sales column, you will see dozens of merchants whose commission rate is above 50%. Now, if you have a specific niche you are talking about, then it may be very limited. But overall, CJ has a huge list of merchants with quite a variety of commission rates.

I'll give it another look. It's just that i find that with my subscribers clickbank products have a higher converstion rate than commission junction. I sappose it's all down to your niche (like you said) at the end of the day. If your an affilite marketer you have to check out facebooks advertising. It's like google 10 years ago!!

MI
Back