The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Cold calling how effective is it?

temi

affiliate
I am launching a new product next month, as part of my marketing mix I am thinking of hiring a marketing firm to do some cold calling for me.

The product is aimed at businesses and not individuals so it will be businesses we will be calling and not homes.

Has anyone used cold calling to generate business successfully? Any tips on how I would use this cold calling company to get the most out of them? This is a marketing tool I have not used before.

Well the Adsense seems to have come up trumps. I tried to get a firm to cold call for directory listings but I wasn't able to find anybody ended up doing it myself. The guy I spoke to said that I need to work out how to do it then outsource. I did try I am not very good at it, but one guy said "Oh yes, I got a mail from you I'll sign up now", so I guess the lesson learnt is that it is good to follow up a mail with a call or visa versa. And it is what people do to me...

Thanks for that info Tony. For this project, I will be using Adsense and other online marketing method.
The reason I will be trying out cold calling is because there are still an awful lot of people who are not net savvy or just respond better to that method of marketing.

I will be outsourcing my cold calling (To a UK company), the claim to have lots of experience etc... I think I will work out a remuneration package partly based on success as well, that way, I will not be paying much if they do not deliver the expected result.

I suppose you can get them to collect contact details so you can follow up with another medium.

Well, they suggested that they make appointments for me and I go to meet the customers and close the deal. I prefer that the make the calls and close the sale on the phone. Like I said, cold calling is just one of the methods, I will be busy with doing SEO for the project and supporting sales we have made. Won't have the time to get involved in any aspects of the tele-sale aspect of the marketing.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hello temi

The best marketing is anticipated, relevant and timely. That is why Adwords is so successful: users expect the adverts on the side of their search results, the adverts are relevant to what they are searching for and they are certainly timely as they're shown while the user is looking for something.

Cold calling, by definition, is never anticipated but that doesn't mean it can't be relevant and timely. If your product is some sort of web design service, for example, then think about who to send a sales letter to. A UK start-up or a new business that's only been trading a few months is an ideal lead for a new web site: they are unlikely to have a site and will be looking to increase awareness of their business.

Finally, if you are outsourcing your cold calling, make sure you are paying by results; either a set fee per closed sale or a percentage of the value of each closed sale.

Hope that helps.

Target start-up businesses in the UK - www.michrome.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they suggested that they make appointments for me and I go to meet the customers and close the deal. I prefer that the make the calls and close the sale on the phone.

Temi,

My experience is that those companies (like every starting salesman) are very good in opening doors and making appointments... but never let them try to close a deal.
If you do, you have no control on what they say and... your potential customer will associate them with your company...and that's never a good way of working. When closing a deal people want to see/hear the partner they're dealing with... + the people working for telemarketing companies are mostly starters wich are not really motivated.

Just my 2 cents

You suggestion is highly appreciated Eric (BTW, Zoli and I were talking about you yesterday, Zoli is in London till tomorrow :)

My plan is to use them to make appointment for me locally, but try and see if they can close deals that are too far for me to go and meet the client. We will see what happens.

I am launching a new product next month, as part of my marketing mix I am thinking of hiring a marketing firm to do some cold calling for me.

The product is aimed at businesses and not individuals so it will be businesses we will be calling and not homes.

Has anyone used cold calling to generate business successfully? Any tips on how I would use this cold calling company to get the most out of them? This is a marketing tool I have not used before.

Need tips on telemarketing and cold calling?

I know it is tough to pick up the phone. If you are in need of some advice, tips or just motivation to make your calls,let me know. I would be glad to help.

A carefully crafted script, coupled with motivational training, will mentally prepare your personality to make the maximum number of completed sales each day. One extra lead can make all of the difference to your company’s bottom line and growth.

Only the most dedicated, quick witted and endurance driven individuals will be successful. You need the skills to successfully handle rejection gracefully while at the same time thinking outside of the box to make a sale.

A telemarketer that rushes through a script for fear of rejection can never match up equally to a well trained sales executive. Try to represent yourself and your company in the best light when selling your product or service.

Good luck, and remember to smile when you dial.

Richard

Cold calling will always work because your prospect gives the marketing person full attention, a thing which the internet isn't able to do.

Need tips on telemarketing and cold calling?

I know it is tough to pick up the phone. If you are in need of some advice, tips or just motivation to make your calls,let me know. I would be glad to help.

A carefully crafted script, coupled with motivational training, will mentally prepare your personality to make the maximum number of completed sales each day. One extra lead can make all of the difference to your company’s bottom line and growth.

Only the most dedicated, quick witted and endurance driven individuals will be successful. You need the skills to successfully handle rejection gracefully while at the same time thinking outside of the box to make a sale.

A telemarketer that rushes through a script for fear of rejection can never match up equally to a well trained sales executive. Try to represent yourself and your company in the best light when selling your product or service.

Good luck, and remember to smile when you dial.

Richard

Hello i am looking for Cold caller who can do my Marketing in UK companies ... let me know if some one is interested in it ...

In the philippines cold calling or telemarketing is one of the most marketing strategy to a sales company.The employee should undergo to a tough training for a mentally and personality prepare.

MI
Back