The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cloaking Affiliate Links With Wordpress

I use GotryThis. Here's a blog I wrote about it awhile back.

Organize, Track and Cloak Affiliate Links EASY - GoTryTHIS

I don't do much affiliate marketing personally but use it for many of the links here at 5 Star. Not even for the purpose of cloaking, more so for being able to track my outbound clicks.

It does cloak very well, but the feature I like most is being able to see graphs of which links are getting clicked over time or by date range. I also like being able to see how people got to the links they clicked.

You can use PHP or Htaccess to cloak for free, it's just not as quick and easy.
However remember anytime you cloak or re-direct or change links - you need to test them to be sure they are tracking and passing your cookie.

I searched around & it doesn't look like there's one besides gotrythis.com
like you recommended.

Another way to do it is with using snipurl.com or tinyurl.com

That would be a nice plugin to have maybe someone will see this
thread and make one.

I searched around & it doesn't look like there's one besides gotrythis.com
like you recommended.

Another way to do it is with using snipurl.com or tinyurl.com

That would be a nice plugin to have maybe someone will see this
thread and make one.

Nice using tinyurl.com, but if you have own hosting you better do this way..by create your own sub domain and redirect it to your affiliate url how easy its..

Don't use Tinyurl it looks spammy because so many spammy types have used it and ruin it for everyone else. I typically won't even click that type of link anymore and I think many consumers are like me and avoid them like the plague.

You might like to use shorturl.
It's a php script that you install on your host and it generates urls which mask your aff links.

Get it here:
link manager

There's a PHP version and also a wordpress version.

I use get-shorty to hide my affiliate link.

Get-shorty is a script that you installed in your server. There is a control panel for you to set up short url.

Unlike tinyurl, the shorten url is pointing to a page in your site. Example,

Instead of
www . yourdomain .com/?afgagcvagre -> www . tinyurl .com/4579

Get-shorty allow
www . yourdomain .com/?gserkjfkj -> www . yourdomain .com/short

People feel more comfortable clicking the affiliate link when they know that it is linked to somewhere in your site.

I have tried tinyurl and get-shorty and I find that get-shorty has a better clickthrough rate than tinyurl.

Damien

banners
Back