The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Cinema Club

P

Piotrek

Hi Guys,

Thought this could be a good place to share few words about movies you like, dislike, want to see etc..

So I shall star with what I am looking for for some time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3goGbPD_xuE

Do you think it will be worth going to cinema to see this, in spite of the fact it is a 4th part?

I thought we can share the opinions about movies we like or just seen here.

Like: I'm going to watch 300, I heard good and bad opinions about it, soon I will have one of my own ;)

Yes, I think we should do something similar to what they do at Ozami forums, where they review the films the say. You can start Piotrek :)

hmmm I am trying to see 300 for 3 weeks but I find no time for that. yet I have managed to watch few interesting movies , I finished Stargate SG 1 series ( all 10 ) all 3 parts of Saw and few comedies. perhaps when I`ll find the time I will write a review for some .

There is mixed opinions about 300. Some say it's an excellent movie and some say it's a waste of time. I think I'm going to have to watch it and find out for myself.

Yes, sometimes it is best to see it yourself. Although it is also good to have a person you rely on his/her taste and opinion... just so that you don't waste time too often ;)

Well, I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of 300 and other movies :)

BTW - thanks to the Moderator who created the subforum and moved the thread!

I just watched 300. No really, I watched it like an hour ago.

And it left mixed feelings. I was impressed with the way the movie was shot. The camera and editing is spectacular. Effects are great. Scenes were constructed phenomenaly.

But I like reading history books. And although this movie outlines the history facts I had to view it as a fiction movie and not a historical event to like it.

Spartan society wasn't that way. Nor was Persian.
The portrait of both societies is highly political IMO. I'll draw my line at that since I really don't want to offend anyone.

Yes, sometimes it is best to see it yourself. Although it is also good to have a person you rely on his/her taste and opinion... just so that you don't waste time too often ;)

Well, I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of 300 and other movies :)

BTW - thanks to the Moderator who created the subforum and moved the thread!

I'll post here to let you know :)

Spartan society wasn't that way. Nor was Persian.
The portrait of both societies is highly political IMO.

Interesting. I did not notice it is that much political (or maybe I never looked for such 'points').

I know the facts differ. But the Spartan 'philosophy of being' (I mean the worriors) is rather pictured good enough, isn't it?

And the Persian - they did not manage to do what Roman accomplished few centuries later, or am I wrong?

Any opinions are welcome, I am really interested.

Well, the Athenians were pictured in the movie as weak. They really weren't the soldiers like the Spartans but in fact it was them who actually eliminated the Persian threat.
Spartan society in the movie was depicted as some mix of democracy and aristocracy when in fact the democracy didn't play so important role.
And Persians were depicted more like barbarians, and actually all of us today share some cultural traits that were distributed by the Persians. Rome, Greece and Persia were sparks of cultural development all alike.

And I agree Spartan philosophy was portraited well.

Well, the Athenians were pictured in the movie as weak... but in fact it was them who actually eliminated the Persian threat.
Do you mean the battle of Thermopylae or the battle of Plataea one year later?
At Thermopylae there were 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians and some more to the number of about 1'200 (which did not retreat ad the rest of the about 7'000 Greek army). And I just learnt the at Plataea there were 10'000 Spartans, 8'000 Athens and from the other cities not more than 5'000 per city.

I think Persians were meant to be depicted as slave army, but they got carried away...

Anyway, I think if they once made a film that would go along the historical facts and details it could be even more interesting than this one, but it would be like 8 hours long :D

banners
Back