The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Chicken and egg situation

polkadot

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get my head around all this so please bear with me!

I've been doing a bit of research into affiliate marketing over the last few weeks and was hoping you guys could help me out with a few questions (well probably a lot of questions - sorry!)...

I have noticed that many vendors want to review your site before they will allow you to sign up to be an affiliate which is fair enough. However, if I wanted to build a site/blog based around product reviews for example, where do I stand on mentioning product names and using photos before I am an affiliate?

Thanks
Polkadot :confused:

Hi Polkadot,

I'm not sure about using the info and product images before you are an affiliate. Could be a copyright issue. But here's what I would do.

Hopefully the products you want to review are in a specific niche. (hopefully not internet marketing or make money online.)

So write 10 articles that people interested in your niche would be interested in. So if you were planning to review skin care products, just write some general articles about various types of skin care or skin problems. Maybe even do a direct link to the merchant you want to get approved by and say "for the best prices on great moisturizers, visit Drugstore.com"

Now you have a nice start on a relevant site, the merchant can see the focus is on skin care. After you are approved you can go back and replace some of the direct links with your affiliate link.

Make sense???

I think what you do is build a website in a niche eg weight loss. Publish the site and then find appropriate products to promote on it

That would be one way of getting around that little problem

Oh and you should take a look at adsense. Another great way to monetize your site

MI
Back