The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Changing your site...

I do not think it will affect Google trust in your directory at all. I have had domains used for one thing and then coverted to site for other things, the PR was not affected, the contents in SERP results changed over time.

I thought I had replied to this ? Something must have gone wrong :(

Anyhow, the simple answer is YES, as you have changed the extensions. unless you rewrite your HTML files to be parsed as php. I have done the same on my own site Internet Marketing Consultant | Google Expert | Search Engine Optimisation Consultancy | Internet Marketing Consultancy | although all the pages there are being delivered as .htm extensions, they are in fact php pages and dynamic.

I suggest you do the same. Also you are going to have to make sure you 301 redirect links to any pages that will no longer exist.

I suggest you do the same. Also you are going to have to make sure you 301 redirect links to any pages that will no longer exist.
Thank you both for your response.
Actually No pages where removed after i installed phpld. What happened is my site only used html before no php. AllSkyTV Directory pointed to index.html after installing phpld it changed to index.php (Note nothing is removed). So now users and spiders see index.php instead of index.html all internal pages remain.
So the change only effects the root domain name (i think). Still i thought this might be something to worry about.

banners
Back