The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can we really earn 60% commission by being an affiliate?

Karan Shrestha

affiliate
Styled Themes
I was searching WP themes for one of my clients, when i came across a premium WordPress theme site, Styled Themes. Here they are offering 60% commission per sale. It is quite hard to believe that they are offering 60% commission for selling their products.

I would like some insights on cashing this offer.

Any advice would be great help.

I do think it is very hard to believe because we have never been subjected to such an offer before. But they do exist. Such like commissions are so because the company is selling massive quantities of the theme. It also shows that they really spend little money to put everything in place. In the 40% they are also making profit you know.

Many companies these days have also gone to a membership model with recurring billing each month, I use Thrive Themes and it is set up that way. They offer healthy affiliate commissions because they know out of each paid signup they are likely going to get several months worth of billing out of each member. Styled Themes doesn't appear to be set up like that however.

I was searching WP themes for one of my clients, when i came across a premium WordPress theme site, Styled Themes. Here they are offering 60% commission per sale. It is quite hard to believe that they are offering 60% commission for selling their products.

I would like some insights on cashing this offer.

Any advice would be great help.

Hi there! If you're skeptical about this, then I suggest you make a background research first if you are seriously considering this option. Yes, some campaigns do offer attractive commissions especially if you landed with a great affiliate company like I did. But unfortunately, most of these are too good to be true...:)

It's not hard to imagine this, I don't think it's a scam. You're selling software. It doesn't cost anything to produce, as it's just a copy of the original. So each sale they make is pure profit, and you get 60% of that since you put in the hard work to get the sale. It's the same for any offer, you're getting a cut of the PROFITS. However, if you're promoting a physical product, if it costs 50% of the sales price to make the product, then a 30% commission for that product would be equivalent to a 60% commission.

There are even products you can sell where you get 100% commission. An example off the top of my head is an offer someone created called "200 in 20 minutes" which is a guide to make $200 in 20 minutes that gets sold for $10, and the affiliate gets 100% commission. However, the creator has some other call-to-action within the guide (I'm sure, I haven't actually read it) to spend more money directly with him. I'm not sure what it is in this case, but imagine it's a mentor program that costs $30/month. So the creator of the guide (which is in this case free to produce, just like your offer) can easily offer 100% commission and still profits from the offer because he gets leads on his follow-up make money online offer who are already interested in making money online, which for this example is enrolling in a monthly-fee structured mentor program.

You should always have a healthy amount of skepticism, but common sense helps too. In this case it's not that it's too good to be true, it's just that the end user is buying something that doesn't cost anything to produce.

I don't think that it's a scam too.

You know, by giving people high commission rates can lead to more affiliates promoting that product which can then lead to more $$$ to the company. Believe it or not, they make a lot more doing this than never hiring any affiliates and keeping the 100% of profits.

Some programs offer 100% commissions. You heard that right. They then make their profits on the back end.

Usually these companies have everything calculated out already.

Also, you can look at it from another perspective.

Say you know you are going to use affiliates to push your product.

You can set the price in a way where you expect that 40% to be 100%, and just add the 60% for the affiliate to see as a strong incentive.

Yes, it's totally possible and I have got more commission than 60%.

MyThemeShop a popular WP theme & Plugin provider, gives 70% commission for each sale.

Last week I made $13.33 by referring a theme of value $19.

Yes, we not. There are sponsors that pay affiliates even more. Read the reviews about the sponsor, so you will learn if they are legit or not.

I do think that it i possible. As long as you are sure you have gotten the best deal and agency, then you can make that much. As much as we have people who want to exploit you, there are others who value your input and hence will not be able to use you. Be sure that you carry out an extensive research because those agencies are not always many. be sure that the requirements too must be high for you to get to it.

go to themeforest its the best market place for that kind of things ,
the themes there are like 40$ , 30$ or more , but good quality things
good luck

banners
Back