The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can I at least explain my site?

svfox69

I don't take any sales or money. If I explain what I am attempting to do for merchants is that considered an ad? Just want feedback and money isn't involved.

Steve

Well technically it's using the forum for market research and could be viewed as pre-selling, but I'll make an exception.

Just be aware there is a very fine line between explaining it and asking for feedback and promoting it. So don't cross the line and sound like you are trying to sell people on the idea as it won't be allowed.

Thanks Linda. I will be careful.

We setup a game where you control one square. This is why you need a product. So you put a graphic of your product in your square. Users play by clicking on squares with the products they are interested in. When they click your square they are sent to another page controlled by you. Right now we host this page for you but you can host it any server you choose. On this page you can put anything, your ads, your text, but we supply you a gamepiece generator to put in the upper right and it says 'Play game piece'. That text doesn't sound right though. So a user just clicks and we randomly decide if they win your product. Odds are against them winning but some will win. You need to decide on the odds so we can tell the users what the odds of winning are for that square/product.

Playable demo: go here, luckmachine(.)com - Remove the parenthesis since I'm not allowed to post a link yet.
Login with the user: ashamol
password: ashamol
Yes username and password are both ashamol for now.
The first square is active and the one to the right in active to, I think Asha activated it.
The other squares are filled with pictures meaning that square has no product yet. No squares have any prouduct right now, we are new.
Just click the first square and you will go to a new page, the 'merchant's page'. Click the Play Game Piece gadget in the top right and you will either get a you won message or a sorry you lost message. Just hit your browsers back button and it will show Play Game Piece again, and you can test it over and over.

We have left the site pretty empty because we can let merchants put ads on the site as well. The whole site is for merchants and their products.

I think we are trying to create a channel, if I read marketing right. Like google is #1 and we want to create a new channel that is fun and free. You know, it isn't free free. Your products won by users will cost you. To users it is free.

If you click the home link you go to another board. I don't know why asha programmed that, maybe to show we support multiple boards...I will have to ask here.

So this is our idea. We can make it as free as possible, just cost to the merchant is a product(s) they put on the board to be won.

All that empty space on the gameboard and the linked in merchant pages are given to the merchants. Hopefully this will overcome any weakness and make it desirable to Merchants.

If this is doomed feel free to say so. We are looking for feedback on what we are doing right or wrong. Thanks, steve and asha

MI
Back