The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can anyone suggest why my website has dropped in google rankings so quickly ?

randomness

affiliate
Hi all,

New here, but really looking for help.

Can anyone in the know tell me why my website has dropped in google rankings so quickly recently?

my website can be found with the search term lincoln leaflet distribution

I am 1st or 2nd in every other search engine (bing, yahoo, duckduckgo, lycos etc) but google has dumped me half way down page 2 (i was 5th in results)

The only thing i can think of is that a website offered me paid links on there website and i refused but they listed me anyway. That's when the slide started.

Also i may be suffering from duplicate content due to a practice of putting the same description for the business when getting back links from business directories.

I am getting zero traffic from google nowadays and i am about to get "old fashioned" about it and focus on promoting the business offline more.

Thanks in advance

A website set up to farm adsense and another that uses invisible (white) text with hundreds of keywords pasted in are outranking me on google...it's crazy

Is it the site with your keywords, separated by hyphens .co.uk? If so, The meta title tag is too long, the description is too short and try increasing the meta keywords to 20 (currently it is 6). Run your site through: scrubtheweb.com/cgi-bin/webtools/meta-check.cgi and follow the recommendations. Some SE's can be funny if they think you are stuffing the title tag and not using a proper description.

Hi all,

New here, but really looking for help.

Can anyone in the know tell me why my website has dropped in google rankings so quickly recently?

my website can be found with the search term lincoln leaflet distribution

I am 1st or 2nd in every other search engine (bing, yahoo, duckduckgo, lycos etc) but google has dumped me half way down page 2 (i was 5th in results)

The only thing i can think of is that a website offered me paid links on there website and i refused but they listed me anyway. That's when the slide started.

Also i may be suffering from duplicate content due to a practice of putting the same description for the business when getting back links from business directories.

I am getting zero traffic from google nowadays and i am about to get "old fashioned" about it and focus on promoting the business offline more.

Thanks in advance

If your previous Google ranking is good in normal before and now is be disciplined, may be you should check your new paid links which maybe some bad neighborhoods, or maybe your site is suffering the link farm due to the business back links.

Of course, maybe there are other reasons.
In a word, it is a terrible thing!
wish you good luck!

It’s possible that your site was found guilty of spamming in Google’s eyes, and got banned. Websites can be banned for SEO spam techniques such as “white on white” text, blatant keyword stuffing, or tricky redirects. J.C. Penney’s website was famously banned temporarily for using a link-buying SEO technique.

think your site has some spammy back links Plz check your back links and along with also check content of your site a well.

Log in to Google Webmaster Tools and check to see if Google has left you any messages about your website. It will indicate if it has a quality concern about your website.

banners
Back