The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can anybody here help me to choose an antivirus program?

And what do think about Norton antivirus?

I've always heard bad things about Norton... Apparently if you want to uninstall it then it leaves files around and clutters up your hard drive a little bit.

I use Avast antivirus which is free and Comodo firewall which again is free. I'm always looking for bargains but the saying "you get what you pay for" doesn't seem to be correct with these two pieces of software :)

Certain AV programs at the moment are giving false positive alerts for malware on websites, apparently responding to odd thions like Google ads, Amazon ads, or a request/attempt to download Java.

The ones I'm hearing most about are Avast followed bu AVG, Avira, Norton, and Comodo.

Try Windows Security Essentials.

In my experience Trend Micro has been excellent. But on a smaller budget, McAfee or Bitdefender are also good.

I used G-Data Internetsecurity. Is works very good.

The problem of most of the free version is that they don't have a behavioral detection. It also protects your e-mail and online banking.

I currently use AVG and it seems very good. Its very high rated on CNET downloads and alot of ppl use it. Oh and its free

I'm using the paid AVG and paid Malwarebytes Anti Malware and I've never had a problem. I don't have to constantly do manual updates with the paid versions.

You don't have to do manual updates with Microsoft Security Essentials either and it's free. I've been using it for a good few years now and nothing has made it past MSE.

Hi, Me too, I'm using Avast free edition with my xp pro software.
I really do not know how Avast works with other operating systems, but works very well with xp pro.
I also use Glary Utilities for some cleaning of my computer, from time to time.
have to think about some kind of firewall to replace XP default one. Any suggestions?
Thank you. :eek::)

Well, I am on a Mac and not having any problem with any virus, but to be on the safe side I am using Trend Micro Smart Surfing.

Well, I am on a Mac and not having any problem with any virus, but to be on the safe side I am using Trend Micro Smart Surfing.

These days, the Apple operating systems are no less targeted and no less vulknerable than the others, so it's always wise to have an active real time anti-malware scanner running no matter what OS you prefer (yes, even Linux).

banners
Back