The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Calendar entries

cpenfold86

affiliate
Hi all,

One of my clients (a restaurant group) is regularly sending emails to a large list. The latest campaign included a date in the copy, which automatically added reservation information to recipients' Gmail calendars, even though the copy had nothing to do with a reservation.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas on how to stop it happening?

Thanks in advance!

One of my clients (a restaurant group) is regularly sending emails to a large list

What do you provide to this client?

he latest campaign included a date in the copy, which automatically added reservation information to recipients' Gmail calendars, even though the copy had nothing to do with a reservation.

If this is what the client placed in the email, why do you object to it?

I have always seen that calendar as a link notification that requires my actively clicking it (a choice)--but I use my own mail server and IMAP Client on a LINUX PC so it doesn't work :p

I don't use Gmail except for spam subscriptions or some mail that I want 99.999% available for some reason or accessible on mobile.

But if it's an auto-load into the Google Calendar for Gmail it is a "Google problem"

Is it an auto-load?
If so I think that is a problem.
Should be a voluntary action by the user.

Last edited:
If the link is off topic, it should be identified or used at a later point in the email and identified.

I actually use these to great effect in my charter site emails. Setting appointments with the charter owners.

If the link is off topic, it should be identified or used at a later point in the email and identified
Is it an auto-load? <yes then?
Whatever ... push ads in the email next? Leaves me cold ...

But Google stuff really doesn't mater much to me.
I can see the value in easy collaboration.
I recall one Google spreadsheet that you could not copy from the menu --HA HA ...
Copied the fields and pasted it into a Gnumeric spreadsheet (LINUX) NP really.

The latest campaign included a date in the copy, which automatically added reservation information to recipients' Gmail calendars, even though the copy had nothing to do with a reservation.
That is a non-harmful exploit --that hopefully cannot be weaponized. Inbox spamming ...

banners
Back