The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bulk population of database and more

lala56

affiliate
Hi guys,

after creating a MySQL database could you populate the fields through an import of a CSV or an Excel file? This would make things much easier...

If you were intitially to setup PHP and MySQL at home and then later place it on your web space would you have to change anything in the settings? Or can you just upload the whole lot?

Also, if you had two website, which are both hosted with different hosting companies is there any way still to use the same database without any long downloads? My question is related to identical product data, one in English and one in Dutch. To make maintenance easier I thought it would be great to have one database, which includes one table for the UK product details and one for the Dutch translation. I am also thinking of creating an interface to update the data easily...

Any help more than welcome.

Cheers,
lala

Lala> after creating a MySQL database could you populate the fields through an import of a CSV or an Excel file? This would make things much easier...
Temi> Yes, you can do this.

Lala>If you were intitially to setup PHP and MySQL at home and then later place it on your web space would you have to change anything in the settings? Or can you just upload the whole lot?

Temi> This possible but the way you hosting company set MySQL up will be different from the way you set it up on your local machine.... once this gap is bridged all should work welll. Actually, its a mater of creating a dump of MySQL from your local machine and importing it to MySQL on your hosting company's server.

Lala> Also, if you had two website, which are both hosted with different hosting companies is there any way still to use the same database without any long downloads? My question is related to identical product data, one in English and one in Dutch. To make maintenance easier I thought it would be great to have one database, which includes one table for the UK product details and one for the Dutch translation. I am also thinking of creating an interface to update the data easily...

Temi> Once you set up and instance of a database, you can give access to as many websites are you like, all the client site need to access the data is access info to the data so yes, you can access or manipulate data hosted by different hosting company from another host.

Thanks

banners
Back