The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

BT rolls out 'faster broadband'

gkd_uk

Faster broadband speeds could soon be on offer to a limited number of people in the UK as BT starts offering access to its 21st Century Network.

BT Wholesale will be offering its ADSL2+ technology to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from this week.

But only a million households will be able to get access to the service, which offers speeds of up to 24Mbps.

Jupiter analyst Ian Fogg said the roll-out was "tardy" and available to "a tiny fraction" of UK households.

Writing on his blog, he said: "If this is BT's 21st century network then those fibre to the home networks are for the 22nd century."

Some ISPs in the UK, such as Sky, O2 and Be, have already begun to offer ADSL2+ in the UK by deploying their own technology in exchanges.

Read more

I heard Korean, Japanese internet users are getting 100Mbps broadband spending same rate ... BT is just talking about 24Mbps ... UK is too far behind.

I wish BT would actually role out some normal broadband - currently every time a baby bunnies nibbles on our wire our broadband connection flickers, or if the wind blows to hard against the cable that's currently drapped over our fence posts to stop the council strimming it to shreds in the summer our broadband also goes wandering.

We can only get 576kbs - and we have a very limited choice of other ADSL providers, and unless Mr Branson would like to come up here and lay some nice fibre optics - cable is out the question. Satalite broadband is fine if you have about 5 support wires, and make it tollerate 174mph winds, oh and have the finance to pay the upfront £500 and £59/month!

It is alledged we're getting a hand be down exchange fitted soon, Feb was the first date, then it was April, well it's now May and still nothing. If you think this is bad for a small island with about a 400 head population - there are some folks on this island that can't even get a dial up connection because the noise is so bad, we're very lucky this end as we have the brand new cable and it's the incoming cable, so it's buried, well it's not as I said above, it sort of follows the grass verges, hangs over gates and fence posts, gets driven over by tractors, nibbled on by bunnies, licked by cows wondering what the long grey worm looking thing is...........and yet we still pay the same rate for someone getting the upto 8mb connection!

The day I see BT roll out faster broadband up here, will be the same day we have hover cars and can pop up to the moon for a weekend break! It's sad but true, but up here, we're treated second class, despite MSP's doing their best to lobby BT - but they're just not interested.

MI
Back