The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bot Traffic? Specifically Alcatel devices

jonte

Hi all,

I've noticed that the majority of my traffic in all my campaigns across 4 different networks is Alcatel devices. Yet I very very rarely get conversions from Alcatel devices.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm thinking about globally blacklisting Alcatel devices to be honest. It could be mostly bots.

Stats:
PTz1cnw.png

Alcatel is a bottom priced device.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/alcatel-phones US prices
It only makes sense that people that own such low cost devices don't have money to spend. So, it depends on your offer, things that earn money or are free might convert?

If the numbers don't work with you offers: blacklist that device. Economic discrimination is a part of commercial speech -- especially when you are paying for it (like buying ads).

Aside: Branding a bot's user agent 'Alcatel' is like wearing a *kick me* sign :D

I promote only free offers. SOI, email submit type offers. I honestly think it's bot traffic. Because even in my country it is at least 65-70% Alcatel and I don't know anyone with an Alcatel phone and I've never seen anybody with an Alcatel phone on the street.

Unfortunately there's no Device filter on Advertizer which is where I'm getting the majority of my traffic at the moment.

Additionally on an unrelated topic, on one of my traffic sources it seems to not register LP clicks unless they convert.

So in my stats I'll have 20,000 Android Visitors with 1,000 LP clicks with 5 conversions and 20,000 iOS Visitors with 5 LP clicks with 5 conversions for example. Very strange.

Last edited:
could be mostly bots

If you are unsure, don't cut yet.

You need to dive into the data and make sure before cutting on device level. Assuming or "thinking" it's bots could make you cut something that could be profitable in future.

Is that "1" a conversion? It's not ALL bots then, you need to just cut widgets which are most likely bots by assessing the data.

27+K hits and 1 sale -- what did that traffic cost :eek: I understand what you are thinking ...

Why aren't YOU logging and counting the requests and their sources on YOUR server?
You have a server access log ...
If you can't do this use a tracking pixel and a tracking tool.

MI
Back