The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog links Vs static Site links

arora

affiliate
I have heard somewhere that blog links are not as good as regular site links!

is that true - that the blog links like from blogspot blogs etc have less value than links coming from static sites?

Just want to know what the seasoned seo guys think.

Thanks in advance.

I have not seen any evidence of this. A lot also depends on the blog and the location of the link.
Why don't you put it to the test and tell us what result you come up with.

Some advertising companies (text-link-ads, for one) seem to say that preference is for static. Personally I think that blog links are great. I guess it also depends how that blog is maintained. Not all pages in the blog will be with PR so I guess that's why some people don't like it.

Im not sure pr is always that important, i have seen links show up to my sites from non pr pages faster than pr static links. My personal feeling is simple, take a diverse link building approach, some static site links, some blog links, some directory links, some forum sigs, some article submissions. Make sure you deep link also, and build a nice diverse natural linking profile.

It depends person to person the likes and dislikes. I would like to add up some views.

There is nothing bad or good in seo. blogs, bookmarking, article and directory submission etc are one way link exchanges. you get traffic from all these source if you have optimized you site in a well manner. The most important thing is the usage of keywords the content etc. Through these sources you can generate a lot of traffic to your sites. It is all depend on you site what info your site is giving.

banners
Back