The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Blocking AD's from IP's (BING)

tom804

Today while running a campaign I looked at my stats and noticed something suspicious.
Screenshot_1.png

One IP address hitting my ad's five times with only one click through to the offer. I dunno but to me this seemed pretty suspicious so within Bing I added the IP to the exclusions list. What do you guys/gals think? Am I jumping the gun and being over too cautious?

Could it simply be that they weren't ready to click through until they'd seen the ad or lander a few times? Or didn't find what they were looking for clicking on other ads and came back to yours? They say (or at least used to) that a visitor goes to a site seven times before they'll perform an action.

Does your timeline run top to bottom or bottom to top? I was trying to figure out if they clicked through on the first two times they visited or the last two.

Could it simply be that they weren't ready to click through until they'd seen the ad or lander a few times? Or didn't find what they were looking for clicking on other ads and came back to yours? They say (or at least used to) that a visitor goes to a site seven times before they'll perform an action.

Does your timeline run top to bottom or bottom to top? I was trying to figure out if they clicked through on the first two times they visited or the last two.

Actually I sorted it to better view it. It was with a span of a few hours. Also different keywords.

Yeah its blocked now. However since blocking it I've not received one single impression. Maybe its just cause of the holiday.

Oops sorry I mean it wasn't a bot. I looked through all IP's and did some research. I know Microsoft's bots IP so it was def a real person possibly spying who knows.

There are bots in abundance that do not use Microsoft crawl bots IP. They come from ad partners. You may benefit from reading more about bots. They can make up as much as half your traffic at times and if you do not take steps to eliminate them they can long term cost you a bunch of money.

There are bots in abundance that do not use Microsoft crawl bots IP. They come from ad partners. You may benefit from reading more about bots. They can make up as much as half your traffic at times and if you do not take steps to eliminate them they can long term cost you a bunch of money.

Hey thanks

See, this is why I try to read all your posts. I always learn something.

Thanks!

I swear MS is pretty sneaky when it comes to bots and YES they will charge you for them. I had to get on them about it before.

Yeah I received a credit. It was during a time my ads where paused so there should have been no traffic going to it.

Just checked my stats again. Looks like your correct about a person viewing the site multiple times. Also there's a bot in there too.

Screenshot_1.png

I'm not sure if people are reading this post or not. But a good tip is too lookup the geo location on IP's that seem suspicious. Looks like I jumped the gun by blocking that guy earlier. I may go ahead unblock it and do some attempt to re-target him/her. However that will only work if the cookie is still there and valid of course.

I'm not sure if people are reading this post or not. But a good tip is too lookup the geo location on IP's that seem suspicious. Looks like I jumped the gun by blocking that guy earlier. I may go ahead unblock it and do some attempt to re-target him/her. However that will only work if the cookie is still there and valid of course.

Dunno about other people but I'm reading it.

Potential conversion in Kent, by the looks of it. Still, kind of a mystery that it came through during a pause. Maybe it's an early Christmas present. :)

banners
Back