The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Black Hat Advertising vs White Hat Advertising

Do you use mostly Black Hat or White Hat stratergies?

• Black Hat

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • White Hat

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Tom - Version Two

affiliate
Hey all, good to meet you all and looking forward to joining in with some discusions with people in a similar industry!

Keen to find out everyones thoughts when comparing Black Hat Advertising compared to White Hat Advertising...My general thoughts in brief below, so keen to see what you guys think, agree with or disagree with.

Black hat advertising has been around for a long time, it is still used a lot and can be really profitable for people who do use it currently. However, using knowledge of the market and looking at what respected individuals in the Ad space are saying, there is not much longevity in it. Rules, regulations and continually updated compliance policies (not to mention consistent advances in technology across the board), make black hat advertising much more difficult to be approved on networks, or sustain if you are lucky enough to get it running.

Everything is slowly shifting to white hat advertising, especially in the 'Tier 1' geo's. People are wanting quality offers that offer a great product/service and that has longevity, without risk of being blocked or kicked off traffic sources.

I believe there a lot of advertisers can be sceptical on the profitability of White Hat, thinking that not 'by-passing' the rules will mean you won't reach the larger audience and scale for the campaign - but I would strongly suggest that if you stay creative, test different angles and continue split testing there is no reason why you can't hit the jackpot of profits!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to AffiliateFix!

This is an introduction thread. You will get more responses by finding the appropriate forum in this community to ask these questions.

The quick and easy answer is that we are a white hat community. in addition, BH is not dying slowly now, it is now being slaughtered quickly along with most anyone that pursues it.

MI
Back