Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Bing a boon to search marketers?

D

djbaxter

SEM Synergy Extras - Bing-o!
by Virginia Nussey, BruceClay.com
June 17, 2009

Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, ... director Stefan Weitz... shared some great insider info on how Bing intends to draw more users and how Bing's a boon to search marketers.

According to a comScore report of Bing's week two results, Bing is showing steady growth in search activity. The now-retired Live Search saw a 9.1 percent search share during its final week. A nascent Bing saw an 11.3 percent sure in its first week and 12.1 percent the following week. Microsoft's search penetration saw a similar incline over the last three week's, while the number of queries per user trended downward for Bing.

...more

You know - I think MS has to keep on pumping millions of dollars in tv ads or other streams of media to see Bing catch on. In our society - when we want to look up something, we say,"Google xyz". That is burned into our brain. Bing, I think, is for people that are more tech savy and want to experiment with the new SE. I can't see the average searcher using Bing.

If Bing catches on...it's going to take a while. Maybe in the future, instead of saying, "Google xyz" - it could be "Bing xyz". :)

Bing has been doing a huge marketing campaign as of late...

I wonder if the surge that they have had recently will remain or is it just everyone checking out the "new" search engine.

Should be interesting to see. Did anyone else see where MS is going to release a free version of office 2010...kind of a nice shot back at Google. If you are interested...

This is going to be a fun battle to watch...

Wow hadn't heard about OfficeWeb...great move by microsoft. They have the money to pump into bing, windows 7 and ms office simultaneously. So I agree that it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. Things could change drastically soon.

When Bing becomes a verb

When bigcat1967 (will that in future become bingcat1967?) wants to look up something, he says he "googles" xyz and that is pretty standard for most of us. It's a bit like a brand such as hoover becoming a verb. I really don't have any objection to "binging" xyz but that will take some time, whatever marketing they throw at it. However, I still can't quite level up why #7-10 for "web design bangkok" returns: รับทำเว็บ ออกแบบเว็บ ..., บริษัท แม็กซิมั่มเด็บ ... and โฮสติ้ง, โฮส, เว็บโฮสติ้ง ... (that's Thai by the way, if it doesn't render).

MI
Back