The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best web hosts

ralph30

affiliate
I tried searching for some of the best web hosts on here but all the posts I found were old. The one thing I've discovered is that what was good awhile ago could be very different now. Does anyone have some web hosts who are good now using the criteria of:
Fairly cheap-at least in the beginning-with a paid monthly option
Hosting my domains and transferring them free
Support sub domains
User friendly panel
Good support
I would also like to know about any free webhosts that allow affiliate links but don't add ads of their own.
I have done a lot of research but am stymied by the opposing reviews and the endless number of sites that try to sound honest but aren't.
Any honest review or info would truly be appreciated.

Thank you
Ralph

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ralph,

It's so hard to shop for a good web host and this is so true "The one thing I've discovered is that what was good awhile ago could be very different now."

Our longest thread about "best web host" is pretty old but there are still some good ones in there.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...se/6824-your-favorite-web-host.html#post20087

The best thing is to find 3 or 4 that you keep hearing good things about, even if the news is a little old. THEN go to webhostingtalk and search for their name or "name review" or "name downtime" and then fine tune and narrow your list down based on the new threads over there. They keep the info real and it's an invaluable resource. You just have to keep in mind that any host can have a few unhappy customers or problems, so need to get an overview of numerous posts to get a sense of which ones are the best overall.

Sorry, wish I had a good recommendation for you. Hosts I have heard good things about at various times are WiredTree (but they only do managed servers which may be way more than you need right now), A small orange, dreamhost, hostnine, blue host and lots of affiliates seem to use and like hostgator (although I think I've read they are a big overseller). But again things may have changed with any of those so need to do a current check over at WebHostingTalk.

I recommend Mattieblazehosting. They are affiliate friendly hosting company. You can add several add on domains as you like. We use this hosting company with our killer squeeze pages. The videos load fast and there is no lagging. Check their site out, Im pretty sure you will like their hosting plans...

I highly recommend Servint.net. I've been with them for several years, know an affiliate that has too. Very quick support no matter what the hour..

ralph, I had no idea about the horror stories, to be honest! LOL! There has been some issues here and there, but I thought it is a normal thing...

I feel your pain. As Linda said, WHT is the best place to get a feel for what is available but I have to tell you from my experience, making a selection is still very difficult.

I am going to assume that you are just starting out:

1. Don't bother with VPS (Virtual Private Server) managed or un-managed or Dedicated Server. As you grow your business/web traffic, you can migrate to these options later. If you are new to web hosting technology, even a managed VPS becomes a chore

2. Avoid "free" hosting; skip going to Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks couple of times and you can pay for shared hosting

3. Shared hosting is the best route for you; I'm sure you've seen Hostgator ads all over the place with their 7.95, unlimited everything. There is no free lunch; Hostgator is over-selling their server and pipe bandwidth, counting on the fact that most people will use little, if any.

4. $7.95 is if you pay yearly; instead, pay extra $2 and pay monthly so if you don't like it, you can move to another host

ANhosting and KnownHost also have decent shared hosting plans as well.

Avoid BlueHost as their server uptime is just terrible (BH "used" to be good).

good luck

jt

Hi Guys

there is four hosts I use for my different businesses

HostGator is a very good host for serious business sites, You can host a site with up to 999 pages. Very stable. Low costs. 24/7 support. A whole range of tools plust two web site builders

Godaddy is another one for very good hosting. They are stable very low domain name registration, has some superb tools and 24/7 support. Plus they have their own website builder.

GDI is a basic one that I only use for basic web pages.

1&1 is another one I use. I only use them for different basic sites however.

Hope you found this helpful

There are numerous complaints about the hosting at 1&1 and GoDaddy (do a search on those names - I'm sure it will turn up pages of results). GoDaddy is a great registrar but has had ongoing problems as a host over the years. This type of hosting is really only suitable for hobby sites or very low traffic static sites.

Hi Ron up to date I've got 3 pages running with godaddy and haven't had any problems at all. My site on 1&1 has been running now for 3 months without any problems so until I have problems they will be the ones I use for my basic sites. Hostgator is the host I use for my major business as it can support very large numbers of visitors without any problems.

MI
Back