Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations for call tracking for Pay Per Call. I also want to use the same tracker for Click to Call events if possible. If there are none that do both, perhaps you have recommendations for both.

Got some ideas & recommendations for me?

Last edited:
Personally I'm using Retreaver as many other guys in this industry. Retreaver has call routing options, prompts, whispers, call greetings, conversion criteria, tags, number pools, tracking URLs, Voluum integration, AdWords integration, etc. Here is a short demo video of the tracker:

You can ask for a demo before you decide to join.
I hope that helps...
I'm subscribed to this thread, interested to see what others will recommend.

Personally I'm using Retreaver as many other guys in this industry. Retreaver has call routing options, prompts, whispers, call greetings, conversion criteria, tags, number pools, tracking URLs, Voluum integration, AdWords integration, etc. Here is a short demo video of the tracker:

You can ask for a demo before you decide to join.
I hope that helps...
I'm subscribed to this thread, interested to see what others will recommend.

Looks interesting, a bit different from some of the others I've looked at. What's their pricing model look like?

Very reasonable pricing. I think I found this last night after posting. I am asking for a detailed demo today.

Also if you decide not to join Retreaver, here are some Call Tracking comparisons for 2017. Take a look and decide for yourself :)

Best Call Tracking Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Best Call Tracking Software | 2017 Reviews of the Most Popular Systems

I heard good things about CallRail too.

Man, so many more over the past two years. It demonstrates the growth and demand I think.

If you want simple free call tracking and recording solution then you can use OpenVBX + Twilio numbers.

It looks like a great option for those with strained budgets. Newbies that want to crack this type of marketing would do well to start there maybe. Hadn't seen this one before, glad you tipped me to it so I can pass it along for those that have need of a starting point.

I prefer a professional platform that has continued support and development to keep up with the industry. I also love analytics and like platforms that offer a fair degree of comprehensiveness.

Make a smart choice! Good luck!

Appreciate it brother, great info and choices.

Personally, I use Callrail, simply because I've been using it for so long now. It is a bit pricey as it's $30 month for 10 local phone numbers + $3 per extra local line after that. So it can get a bit pricey if you are using a Ringpool for dynamic tracking.

OpenVBX is a good option as well because there are a ton of plugin available for it. Though I will say the interface is quite a bit outdated as it's 5 years old. I do like the fact that it is open source and has a ton of free plugins, to customize it how you'd like. So for a lot of local clients that need their own IVR & Call tracking, I end up setting up OpenVBX. Twilio also has really good prices on local lines @ $1 per.

I know of quite people using Retreaver but haven't personally tested it yet. Would love to hear how you end up liking it!

I have one newbie question: If you use an affiliate network to promote pay-per-call offers, do you still need your own tracker or the network provides a tracker for you? Also, if you run Adwords campaigns for pay-per-call, what tracking system do you need?

Thanks

You can do both.

Personally, I would recommend that you have your own tracking number, that way it gives you the power to swap the offer phone number if you need to. If you send traffic directly to the number that your affiliate networks provides you, you lose some of the control.

I've got a newbie question...do you need to have a call tracker and a click tracker to run Pay Per Call campaigns? I ask because Retreaver's website says it works with Voluum. And I don't get how you would use a click tracker like Voluum with Retreaver, or if it's even necessary.

The best pay per call tracking platform that I have ever used is callsumo.com. It is the powerful tracking metric and also very easy to use as I am integrating it with my business for many years.

Since I found that Retreaver doesn't make any updates for several years and many of my calls got lost, I found another alternative that covers all my needs so far - TrackDrive

These are the main trackers that I know people are using:

1. Invoca - This is quite an expensive solution, but it's used by some mid-large size companies to track their internal campaigns. This is also the tracking system a majority of the affiliate networks use.
2. Retreaver - Affordable solution that does almost everything for a solo affiliate.
3. TrackDrive - Created by the c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ex-partner of Retreaver. IMO a vastly improved Retreaver.
4. Ringba - A new-ish call tracking system that looks very impressive. I did a demo of this last year and at that time were missing some essential features like AdWords integration, but maybe it's available now?
5. CallRail - Another pretty feature rich tracking platform.

Some of the platforms listed have unique features, so it would probably be best to compare each of the systems you're interested in before making a final decision. Some features are useful and others not at all.

Last edited:
banners
Back