The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best CMS for web design

The wordpress is an best CMS for web design it support many features compare to other CMS,also we offer high quality web design and application development and mobile application services.

+1 for wordpress. It is industry standard for now.

Yup. With a question this broad, WP is the only clear answer. But it really depends on what you want to accomplish with your website. WP is flexible and adaptable, but has its fair share of limitations and barriers to implementation (coding was mentioned - if you can't code decently, you'll have a limited-functionality site).

Visual WYSIWYG editors usually make up for a lack of coding knowledge, but you'll usually find them to be cookie-cutter and much more limited than WP. Finding the right drag-and-drop editor for your project can save you tons on development costs... but using the wrong one will leave you with a half-ass website lacking critical functionality and proper UX.

Which one is the best CMS for the web design in your opinion? I prefer WordPress because of its easy to use and has a lot of themes and pluguins to simplify the work.
I see a lot of WP love here :) And yeah it's a great open source CMS, but not the best for every situation.

Asking what is the best CMS is like asking what is the best car. There is no right answer if you don't know what you're gonna use it for.

Example: If you're planning to travel the world in your car, you shouldn't buy a Ferrari but a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Same goes for CMS and web builders.

If you want to build a blog WP is great (but you can also use Bolt CMS: Easy for editors, and a developer's dream CMS | Bolt CMS for that which is fucking awesome). If you want to build an LP, WP sucks balls and loads waaay to slow (especially for mobile use).

If you want to build a shop, go for Shopify or host yourself with Magento.

If you have absolutely no coding skills, can't pay for a designer, don't want to deal with hosting etc. but still want a nice looking business website, then Weebly or Squarepsace are great choices.

If you are a designer and build websites for clients you should learn how to code yourself or use a framework like Bootstrap.

You'd be amazed how many so called webdesign agencies there are, who just edit a WP theme from Themeforest and call themselves webdesigners.

So is WP the best CMS? NO!
Is it the best in some situations? YES!

WP lovers should also look into Grav - A Modern Flat-File CMS | Grav. Very promising!

P.S. I don't hate WP, but I do believe it's too bloated and fragile.

WordPress is the most widely used platform for website development and it has a large collection of themes that can help developers to design their sites very fast. Developers mostly perform modifications in the WordPress templates to design a professional and clean looking GUI. I usually buy some premium themes for my works.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a full-blown website with 50+ pages Wordpress is hard to beat.
For smaller websites WP is just too much. Grav, Ghost or Octopress are better for these type of websites that you want to setup, create and manage quickly.

banners
Back