The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Bangladesh victory knocks out India

rakib

affiliate
India were knocked out of the World Cup on Sunday after Bangladesh beat debutantes Bermuda in a final Group B match to qualify for the Super Eights.

India, the 1983 champions and finalists four years ago, were condemned to their earliest exit since 1992 when Bangladesh clinched a seven-wicket win in the rain-marred match at Queen's Park Oval.

Bangladesh progressed beyond the first round for the first time after reaching a revised target of 96 with 21 balls to spare. Bermuda had scored 94 for nine in a match reduced to 21-overs-a-side.

Sri Lanka, champions in 1996, topped the group by winning all three of their matches while India were eliminated after managing only one victory.

Bangladesh, who upset India last week, only needed to avoid defeat to reach the next stage with Sri Lanka.

The Indians were relying on Bermuda to cause an upset to sneak through on a better net run rate.

Bermuda paceman Saleem Mukuddem briefly raised Indian hopes with three quick wickets before Bangladesh coasted to their target.

The seven-week tournament ends with the final in Barbados on April 28.

THREE CHEERS for the Bangladesh victory. As a Bangladeshi, I feel proud a lot and hope our team will do better in Super Eight.
Best wishes for the Team Bangladesh.

Oh, it's really a great achievement for whole Bangladesh. When they beat India, whole Indian media didn't take it easily. They told this as an upset. I think they forgot about the recent achievements of Bangladeshi. This team beat Australian by 5 wickets touching the target of 250. Being the top team of the world, they failed to stop the run of Bangladesh.

I think, whole world should be take easily this victory of Bangladesh. They should remember that only 3 teen-aged Bangladeshi killed their dream by bat, when they had 3 ten-thousands run club members.

I not tell that India is a bad team, they obviously good. But they should change their look over Bangladesh. They never invited Bangladesh to them or ever come Bangladesh to play any tournament thinking their media business. I protest their this type of sense.

Well done Bangladesh, you gave a right reply at the appropriate time. Also winning against Bermuda on your Independence day. :mango:

Why hasn't the tournament been cancelled as a mark of respect for the Pakistan coach who was murdered?

It sucks if you ask me.

Why hasn't the tournament been cancelled as a mark of respect for the Pakistan coach who was murdered?

It sucks if you ask me.

Its all about money.

Bangladesh AND Ireland, two teams that really, lets face it, shouldn't be in the second round!

The British love an underdog :p

It sucks if you ask me.

Someone made this point on the radio the other day, one of the cricketing official says "the incident is now sever enough to warrant the cancellation of the series" I wonder what would be considerd serious?

A new rival to Wikipedia launched its public beta Sunday.

Citizendium, a self-proclaimed "citizens' compendium" of general knowledge, works much like Wikipedia in that anyone can submit information. This community encyclopedia, however, requires users to register with their real names, and its articles are governed by an editorial board.

The wiki encyclopedia was started by Larry Sanger, a co-founder of Wikipedia, according to his own biography.

Citizendium seeks to improve on the wiki model by offering encyclopedic content with "gentle expert oversight," according to its main page.

full story: Wikipedia rival makes its debut | Tech News on ZDNet

MI
Back