The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bad Links Tool and SEO

Sethnic

Hi, so I will confess that I have succumbed, in the past, to having paid someone to get inbound links. I have a sinking feeling that these links harm more than help, as my site has nothing currently ranking on the Google monster. (Although on Ahrefs, the domain authority is around 20-30, and on Majestic.com also..)

Anyone know of a good tool to find all these harmful "spammy" links so I can take action?

Hi, so I will confess that I have succumbed, in the past, to having paid someone to get inbound links. I have a sinking feeling that these links harm more than help, as my site has nothing currently ranking on the Google monster. (Although on Ahrefs, the domain authority is around 20-30, and on Majestic.com also..)

Anyone know of a good tool to find all these harmful "spammy" links so I can take action?

Simple answer is use Google Search Console (log in 1st, then click this URL)
search.google.com/search-console/links/drilldown

Try this also "domain.extension"
Example, Google search "affiliatefix.com"

Most SEO audit tools show inbound links
Might need premium version, but you can do trial and then cancel
Neil Patel, Ahrefs, Sem Rush, Screaming Frog, Moz

You can disavow links from Google
support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487

Update. I checked with Moz, and my spam score is 9%. That's good. And only two linking sites had high spam scores, one on an expired domain, and the other seems to have lapsed as well. I guess those links disappearing takes some time to give a boost to the rankings.

Soooo, I guess that my niche is super crowded, and I'm chasing the wrong KWs. I've begun updating with better ones, redoing key pages and will be creating more content to attract linkers.

I listened to an ILoveMarketing.com podcast the other day with an SEO expert. Some nice ideas there, including a warning that many SEO professionals are not really all they claim to be, and don't really know what they are doing. He gave some tips on uncovering frauds. (In general I like Joe Polish and Dean Jackson's stuff.)

I listened to an ILoveMarketing.com podcast the other day with an SEO expert. Some nice ideas there, including a warning that many SEO professionals are not really all they claim to be, and don't really know what they are doing. He gave some tips on uncovering frauds.

But today's SEO "experts" are not neccessarily tomorrow's SEO experts
I'm nowhere near SEO expert level but I subscribe to the blogs & You Tube channels of all SEO the digital marketing software services I use, to keep updated with cutting edge & I keep learning (min 1 hour every day)
Many so-called "SEO Gurus" are spouting yesterday's SEO news
It's changing so fast now, almost impossible to keep up
Google algorithm is super dynamic but many "gurus" are super static

Even the Google algo developers openly state on their You Tube channel that they don't know everything and often make informed guesses

banners
Back