The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Attracting Visitors

vallen75

affiliate
HI,

Just wandering what is the best way to attract users to sign up for a forum.

We have one on the communityfriend.co.uk and get hundreds of visitors to the main site every day, but people seem reluctant to sign up to the forum.

Any advice?

Vince

You could try offering something that only members can access,maybe for a minimum number of posts to qualify.
Would need to be something associated with the theme of the Forum.

I second midlandi's suggestion, you need something attractive that is only available to registered users.

Did this work?
We have a number of things only available to those who register - have only just started up but have noticed a number of people just looking. Am going to try encouragement by including in the notice how quick it is to register and how their details will not be sold-on. Any other hints?

I think a taster of what is available to registered members could also encourage people to register for example the beginning of an interesting article and then a notice saying something like "the concluding part of this article is available to registered members, please click here to register"

Should try getting paid posters. Advertise in forums like here, i'm sure there are adverts already up from other forums. People will start posting as soon as they see activity. If your forum gets alot of visitors from search engines, but they see the last post as being a few days ago, they'll leave.

Also, paid posters are likely to be able to provide good quality, interesting posts

...Also, paid posters are likely to be able to provide good quality, interesting posts

I disagree with this statement - to provide quality posts one should be competent in the subject, and it's not always the case with the paid posters...

I don't like paid posting. I mean you pay for it and then they never come back. Seems like a waste of money. I rather just exchange with other webmasters.

It's hard to attract new users. I advertise on google and some other places but its expensive. My limit is 150 a month right now

If you don't know people you can make arrangement: to pay after they completed certain amount of posts. This way you will be able to see if they worth paying in the future.

Also you should clearly state what you expect from them - if posts don't meet your standard - they don't get paid...

Advertising on Google will bring you new visitors but if they don't see much activity in the forum - they will not register or come back.

to attract

i think the best way to attract is the kind of representation that we are making.for example in our office we have to make sure that the receptionist have to well dressed and must greet all the visitors and must be jovial.from that itself the visitors would become cherished and make a gud way of the company.like that representaion should become fantastic...thats my view

Shaun :):dancing:

MI
Back