The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask.com launches new Web search site

temi

affiliate
Ask.com is expected to launch Tuesday a new search site that has analysts impressed, but it may not appeal enough to consumers to keep them coming back.
The company has struggled for years to compete with Google, which attracts nearly 50 percent of all searches. Ask ranks fourth behind Yahoo and Microsoft but just ahead of AOL, with just more than 5 percent market share, according to research firm ComScore.

full story

You are right, Ask is milessssssssssssssssss away from every challenging MSN let alone Google

Microsoft WILL challenge Google when they launch their new vertical.

For the life of me however I just can not work out why MS don't buy ask as it is a FAR superior algorithm than The one trick pony (links) that Google use.

The old Teoma algo (which ask now uses after they bought Teoma) is a superb clustering sematic algo that is SOOOO hard to spam ;)

I may be short sighted but some how, don't you think MS need to challenge Yahoo first and become number 2 before it can challenge Google? The gap between Yahoo and MSN is quite significant.

Nope, how many times have you heard 'I want to be second in the SERP's' in reply to the question, 'what position are you aiming for :)

If you aim to beat the second placed site, then you have to start again to kill the top placed. Aim for the top and let the others worry about chasing YOU!

I see you view point, but I am yet to see how you can beat the first person of you are 3rd without beating the second first, the second is not sitting down either, he is putting in a lot of efforts to catch up with number 1

I am not saying you can't beat the second along the way, of course you have to move into second to become foirst. I was saying that Google and Yahoo are differnt beasts and trying to beat Yahoo is going to mean different startegies than beating google. Bettrer they go flat out and try to conquer the search side of the game , as Yahoo will then be soundly beaten in the portal side of things also as a by product.

thanks to IE7 having a built in search bar ask.com can be easily chosen as a search rpovider so google's share has went down slightly. I have a google bar and live search on my browser. occasionally i use ask.

MI
Back