The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

As a webmaster...

D

Duke

...what do you spend most of your time doing?

For me, I think it's the conceptual stages of webdesign that actually take a back seat to qualifying and adding reciprocal links plus the addition of content that take up the most of my time.

That's awesome Paul, good for you. I can't wait till I get to that level.

How long did it take you to get to where you are now?

It's been a journey since 1999. December of 2001 is when I received my first real payment. It was less than $100, but if not for that payment; we most likely wouldn't have had a Christmas. Once I got that taste in my mouth, I was making around $2500 by Feb 2002. Although there have been huge ups and downs (Just coming out of a down now), I'm doing much better than I was prior to my online business started.

Let me restate: I ONLY work 12 hours a day when I'm working. This enables my family and I to take 2-3 vacations per year, have more time to spend with the children on the weekends, plus all the material bennies, which don't really matter but are nice to have. If you're going to be your own boss, your boss needs to be a real hard a*s. There is no secret to all this, it's simply whether you're willing to enjoy the price. Notice I didn't say, "pay' the price. See, I love doing this stuff.

With that said, here, you guys can take a look at one of my sites, just completed this weekend. Well, almost completed... going to delete this part of the thread in about an hour.

Interesting question, I have never actually sat down and work this out, my emails seem to dictate my day, I get them by the bucket full and I priorities them, the one to do with my servers come first, a new software update a new patch etc etc and then following business leads.
I am lucky now that I have some capable helpers who help me with various aspects of my business, the day I work the least I work 11-12 hours , one day I hope to go back to working 9-5 again but like Paul said when you are self employed the buck ultimately stop with you so you cannot afford to be slack

Paul, i didnt get a chance to see that site and i am interested in seeing it, could you send a pm of the addy?

and as a webmaster which is all on my own time as of now, I like to figure out new ways of building pages and working with it, as now I am good in php and mySQL combo and my html skills have increased greatly becuase of it. I finished a new entrance for users to my new site skycapvirtual.com/members/pilotLounge and have added the (HideShow) js script for forgot password.

I didn't get a chance to see it either, figures, the one time you open it up I miss it. It was nice of you to give us a sneak peak though Paul, God knows I've hassled you enough about it.

Guys, if I leave it up too long, it'll be scraped by some silly site copier. You/I can count on it.

Tick Tock...

Sorry, time ran out.

I wasn't hassling you about the link being removed and totally understand why you did it.

Figures I'd be away the day this thread gets started ;) I spend more time adding content and making sure the site has activity, need to do more of the important stuff too though!

Why don't you just PM it to us? Hell, I'll sign a waiver if you want stating I won't copy your site if it will help. I don't need to copy anyones ideas, I have way too many of my own that I'm having trouble getting to.

banners
Back