The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gold As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

I know for me it was the fear of loosing money I know I'll never get back, I'm pretty frugal with my money. Once I got over that fear it seems like everything started to morph into plan. I started to understand that I wasn't actually loosing the money, I was just investing in data.

I know for me it was the fear of loosing money I know I'll never get back, I'm pretty frugal with my money. Once I got over that fear it seems like everything started to morph into plan. I started to understand that I wasn't actually loosing the money, I was just investing in data.

Happy to see you took charge and changed your perspective. You invested in your business and it started coming to life. It will love you as much as you love it.

Congrats! Keep at it and grind when necessary...

T J

@timethiaw Being frugal is awesome, if you learn to take chances when it comes to business. Play it tight-aggressive just like poker. Tighten up on daily expenses and be aggressive once you spot an opportunity. Cause you gotta keep smart, you gotta keep saving every penny to invest it back into your hustle. Like, fuck starbucks, brew your own home mix even if you make $xxx/day, fuck showing off, and keep driving the same car even if you make $xxxx/day.

Make money, not fans and fake ass friends. They will all walk away on you once you're broke. Trust me, I learnt the hard way. Peace & profits young pawadan.

Cheers *drops mic*

@djcrunk Preach!

But seriously, yes I agree with everything you said. The whole reason I've been able to start is because I cut down on a lot of things I was doing. Also, I think that's where a lot of newbies mess up is when they don't reinvest...they earn some money and think it's time to spend it all. Once ,we newbies, get over the fact that this is a "Business", then we will be ok. That's the biggest physical and mental hurdles to go over: spending money that you might not make back, especially if your just starting and cutting down on things so that you can have more money for campaigns.

Hi Just join today

for me as a newbie
it's all about lack of resources
need some guidelines
lots of things stopping me to take some actions

Last edited:
Hi Just join today

Congrats, happy to see you here at the FIX!

for me as a newbie it's all about lack of resources

I can see a pattern in you short post here. In each line you mention something negative and not true. For example you say "lack of resources". You may mean lack of money, okay, that's an important resource, but it doesn't stop you from learning until you have money. Money gets you a VPS and paid clicks, but that's all you need to spend money on at first while you learn, learn, learn.

need some guidelines

This can be considered a resource also, and there are an abundance of great offerings for you to learn from here in this forum. First, read this thread from start to finish, all of it! Take notes and refer to them often. Do exactly the same thing with our Wiki. You MUST get yourself into learning mode. If you try to avoid this you will never make an easy entry into this business. You must get your mindset into the state of "you are learning to earn", earning takes knowledge. You are in boot camp. You are in a forum that is a huge library with an enormous number of teachers and librarians. LEARN, LEARN, LEARN! This is why you are here. You are not here to have someone hand you a winning campaign that you will not learn a thing from.

lots of things stopping me to take some actions

The only thing stopping you from anything is yourself. Let's examine this. Can you apply to networks? Yes! Can you learn to build a Landing Page? Yes! Can you build a schedule to work on your new business? Yes! Can you get involved in the forum to help determine where you interests will be strongest? Yes! Can you start building relationships in this forum and with other members? Yes! Can you start learning about copy writing, calls to action, needs/wants/desires of target markets? Yes! I can do this for an hour and still not have a complete list for you.

Open you mind! You are not lacking in resources, except with money (maybe). Start putting enough away to afford a VPS for $30 a month. Create a budget sheet, a schedule, and start learning. I don't know of any other business you can start so cheap except for a lemonade stand.

This is a business, the people you are going to interact with are business people, we here in this forum are all business people. This is a BUSINESS FORUM! Be a BUSINESS PERSON!

Follow my advice, and I promise you, your rewards will come to you.

Get involved and keep us posted @Manhas , we are all here to help and we are rooting for you to be a winner!

T J

An awesome thread, i got lot of problems with me. i have the funds to start a good campaign, but i always telling myself i will start tomorrow :/ its keep going on. also i got some legit concerns, i know nothing about tracking, i heard adsbridge is free until July , so im looking for guide on how to use it, didn't founds and decent guide yet.

An awesome thread, i got lot of problems with me.

If you have a lot of problems, you have not posted them here. How can anyone respond to your issues when you have not really listed them here.

i have the funds to start a good campaign, but i always telling myself i will start tomorrow :/ its keep going on.

If you have a budget, then you have the biggest obstacle out of the way. All you have to do now is set a fire under your butt to get going. I am not feeling as though you are a motivated individual.

also i got some legit concerns

Again, you have not really isolated any concerns that I can see. There are no genuine and detailed concerns posted by you in this thread.

i know nothing about tracking, i heard adsbridge is free until July , so im looking for guide on how to use it, didn't founds and decent guide yet.

If you know nothing about tracking, then why are you looking for a guide for a single tracker. I can tell you have not yet read or researched trackers. Therefore, you are not ready for a detailed guide on the use of a specific tracker. How can you expect to try a tracker when you don't have a handle on the business, or have all of the other tools in place in order to try it out. You are putting the cart before thee horse, as it were.

I see you complimented the thread as "an awesome thread", but I don't think you have read it entirely. If you had, you would have seen what it takes for you to get going. The number one reason you haven't got going is you don't have a plan. You don't have a plan because you are not researching. You are not researching because you are not committed to making it happen.

I suggest you get involved in this forum by reading this thread completely and take notes. Then read our Wiki and take notes. Once you have done this and still believe you are interested in the affiliate marketing space, then get busy reading through the sub forums to determine which area of this business you will begin with.

This is a business, treat it like one. Upon selecting a specific area of the affiliate marketing space you then must establish a budget, build a plan to launch your business, build a schedule for your business, and get a VPS.

If you are unwilling to follow these simple steps, you are not ready to be in business. Any business. Perhaps you are not motivated because this isn't for you. Perhaps there is another type of business that would generate the proper (or necessary) enthusiasm for you.

If you decide this is where you want and need to be, then get busy following the steps I have outlined. Remember, you must be involved with the forum for the forum to give back to you. Research, build relationships, create a budget, a schedule, and a plan to execute. This is how it's done.

All of us in this forum are ready to help when you are ready to be helped. We make the effort to help when you make the effort to be helped. We will offer guidance when you are ready to be guided. Are you seeing the pattern here. Help us help you, and you will succeed!

T J

Last edited:
If you have a lot of problems, you have not posted them here. How can anyone respond to your issues when you have not really listed them here.

If you have a budget, then you have the biggest obstacle out of the way. All you have to do now is set a fire under your butt to get going. I am not feeling as though you are a motivated individual.

Again, you have not really isolated any concerns that I can see. There are no genuine and detailed concerns posted by you in this thread.

If you know nothing about tracking, then why are you looking for a guide for a single tracker. I can tell you have not yet read or researched trackers. Therefore, you are not ready for a detailed guide on the use of a specific tracker. How can you expect to try a tracker when you don't have a handle on the business, or have all of the other tools in place in order to try it out. You are putting the cart before thee horse, as it were.

I see you complimented the thread as "an awesome thread", but I don't think you have read it entirely. If you had, you would have seen what it takes for you to get going. The number one reason you haven't got going is you don't have a plan. You don't have a plan because you are not researching. You are not researching because you are not committed to making it happen.

I suggest you get involved in this forum by reading this thread completely and take notes. Then read our Wiki and take notes. Once you have done this and still believe you are interested in the affiliate marketing space, then get busy reading through the sub forums to determine which area of this business you will begin with.

This is a business, treat it like one. Upon selecting a specific area of the affiliate marketing space you then must establish a budget, build a plan to launch your business, build a schedule for your business, and get a VPS.

If you are unwilling to follow these simple steps, you are not ready to be in business. Any business. Perhaps you are not motivated because this isn't for you. Perhaps there is another type of business that would generate the proper (or necessary) enthusiasm for you.

If you decide this is where you want and need to be, then get busy following the steps I have outlined. Remember, you must be involved with the forum for the forum to give back to you. Research, build relationships, create a budget, a schedule, and a plan to execute. This is how it's done.

All of us in this forum are ready to help when you are ready to be helped. We make the effort to help when you make the effort to be helped. We will offer guidance when you are ready to be guided. Are you seeing the pattern here. Help us help you, and you will succeed!

T J

Agreed, Im starting research now, hopefully i will launch my first campaign in 3 days.

want to join the network it is difficult,
I last tried to submit the registration to peerfly and neverblue,
I also had to contact them, but unfortunately have not heard anything after 3 days waiting

before I had joined a local network (indocpa) but there special entertainment only,
so far I promote entertaiment offer using youtube,

with cpaway I promote dating using POF and fb ads,
but, I think less suitable.

want to join the network it is difficult,
I last tried to submit the registration to peerfly and neverblue, I also had to contact them, but unfortunately have not heard anything after 3 days waiting

If you read more in this forum you would see plenty of notices that "K" and others are helping Newbies get accepted at networks. Go to this thread and ask for help getting accepted into the networks.

before I had joined a local network (indocpa) but there special entertainment only, so far I promote entertaiment offer using youtube,
with cpaway I promote dating using POF and fb ads, but, I think less suitable.

I am not sure what your point is with this statement. Looks like you have started a couple of ways to promote. It's a good start.

T J

learning without doing:confused:. start to test new earning method and leaving it in the half way and move to something else and do the same.:(

sorry for my english:ninja:

learning without doing:confused:.

Actually @zaki titou, doing is the best way to learn. In fact, if you don't take action while you are learning, then you really aren't learning, you are researching. I went back to college at Syracuse University in 1996 and I was reminded of this as my computer labs were where the rubber hit the road for learning. All of my companies and corporate positions over the years involved learning by implementing. The answer for you is to learn while doing.

To do this:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

I see you joined a week ago and only have 3 posts. In my experience, this doesn't demonstrate a very committed posture for the development of your business. This world of marketing is an aggressive and fast moving industry and doesn't respond well to fence sitters. If you are serious, if you really want to make an entrepreneurial career of this, then get your butt in gear and take charge of your future with this industry. You can do it, just be committed and take serious action. When someone truly wants something, they won't let anything get in the way of it coming to be a reality!

start to test new earning method and leaving it in the half way and move to something else and do the same.:(

If you are leaving things half way, I am interested in knowing what you consider half way in this business. If you have not completed what I outlined above before running any campaigns, then you haven't gone 5% of the way, let alone half way.

Everyone, and I truly mean everyone, must have the minimum effort I outlined above in order to get their marketing business (or any other business) started.

I am a straight shooter, I tell it like it is. Why, because the only communications I am interested in is truth and fact. You will go a long way in any commitment with anything when you pair bond this practice with your life. I can bullshit with the best bullshitters, I can be as lazy as the laziest individual, I can piss away money with the best of them, but when it comes to life and business, nothing supersedes truth and fact. I think you need to get honest with yourself about your efforts. You really haven't made an effort until the task is complete. No matter whether its a win or a loss, you have to complete the task before you can say "I tried"!

You can do this. When others see you making the effort, spending time communicating with the other members, posting results of your progress, and contributing where you can, then the magic of this forum will suddenly appear and your career and new business will begin to flourish. I promise!

T J

***information overload***
This one thing stops me from being a millionaire lol seriously :) , I know my potential and I know how fast I grasp the things and I can think out of the box every time but this sh*t called "Information Overload" becomes a hurdle every time. I have downloaded more than 1000 ebooks and video tutorials in last 5 years.. you name I have it, almost almost every industry related to Internet call it Money Black book, Millionaire secret underground HYIPs or outsourcing secrets, Cash machine xyz Bullsh*t blah blah blah I have it all. I know If I had placed my focus on one particular thing before, I could have gone so far. :(

Although I am trying to focus and stick to one thing as now I have realized (so late). And I am very much sure this is the reason why so many people drop the idea of internet business because anywhere they look, its filled with Good info and bad info and they cannot distinguish which one of them is right. Which way to go, Who could guide better. Every person is trying to sell something.

you're not the only one my friend! I go all the way back to William j. McCorkle and the late great Don Lapre,lol! When I think about where I could be now during all the time I've wasted....

Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel like it's nearly impossible to succeed by bootstrapping and I'll need to rely on buying bots, outsourcing, paying for traffic, etc. just to be able to make my first dollar. In other words, it seems many newbies are given the recommendation of delving right into using these systems right from the start, but I feel more comfortable doing everything manually (especially designing and promoting my website) THEN scaling up once I've seen some level of profits and success.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel like it's nearly impossible to succeed by bootstrapping and I'll need to rely on buying bots, outsourcing, paying for traffic, etc. just to be able to make my first dollar. In other words, it seems many newbies are given the recommendation of delving right into using these systems right from the start, but I feel more comfortable doing everything manually (especially designing and promoting my website) THEN scaling up once I've seen some level of profits and success.

You are complaining about having to spend money to earn money. It's a business, you must invest in some of the tools and traffic sources to run your business.

If you want to be a an investor and hire everyone to start your business for you without having the experience, then I predict a failure. Every Newbie that enters this business needs to learn the rudiments by being involved and learning every aspect of the basics. There are thousands of Newbies in this forum that have done exactly that to build a business. When you get to a point that needs outsourcing to expand your business, then it will be time for you to learn outsourcing.

You are complaining about having to spend money to earn money. It's a business, you must invest in some of the tools and traffic sources to run your business.

If you want to be a an investor and hire everyone to start your business for you without having the experience, then I predict a failure. Every Newbie that enters this business needs to learn the rudiments by being involved and learning every aspect of the basics. There are thousands of Newbies in this forum that have done exactly that to build a business. When you get to a point that needs outsourcing to expand your business, then it will be time for you to learn outsourcing.

I'm more comfortable spending more money once I've already started making some.. in other words, I'd feel more comfortable investing the revenues in my business to expand it and make it more efficient, especially in the beginning.

I don't mind spending a few bucks here and there to get started, such as

- a web host,
- domain name,
- and a Aweber account

These are what I've paid for so far since starting out in January this year (with my flagship blog.) I've been sticking with free themes, trying for free traffic, and using free website critique services for feedback.

It may take a little longer but I'm wondering if this approach (which I deem as bootstrapping) is feasible or doomed to failure? I also still have the $100 Adsense credits that my webhost gives to its new customers.

banners
Back