The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Gold As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

I have a small budget and no income. So the fear of losing my money is whats holding me back!

Granted paid ads help give a boost to generating income, it is possible to do for free or on a low budget. I have an extremely tight budget as well, but I'm learning everyday and implementing what I learn. I have also read from people here and on the program I started with (and usimg their free hosting plan) that have made an income without spending any money. It's not a lot, and took them a while to reach what they made. But it was done on purpose that way. Me, I'm rolling earnings through AM back into the business.

In spring when things pick up a bit for me, I'm banking away to finish taking a training program I started, join the Dojo here, and put some more $$ into my business.

But I started free. I'm using my free options as a learning experience and kickstart to my business. When I finally have the $$, I will "graduate" to paid methods. You can start free too. It's not that hard. And by getting started free, you're learning by doing. Test out a niche. See if you enjoy it. Build up your site.

When you feel comfortable, then go paid. Or every $20 you make, put back into the business with paid ads targeting in one direction.

Use your small budget as a way to test what will work for you. Then when you have an income, you can keep expanding your marketing methods.

If you want someone to guide you through this, let me know. This is an area I know about. But you need to understand this will take time. There's no guarantees in any business, especially when done for free. But it is possible.

my problem very much, lack of funding, the campaign, the experience in doing website :(

This claim to have a lack of funding is a common thread among Newbies.

You are starting a business and when someone wants to start a business they need a plan. Part of that plan must be making an investment into your new business. I truly do not know anyone today, coming into this business, that can do so without an investment of some type.

It amazes me that anyone would say that money stops them from getting into business. If you want to get into a business, then take a part time job to save some money so that you can get started. Nothing stops you when you have a plan!

This business does not require a huge investment, you can do it for as little as $500 to $1000 depending what area you want to start with. This can be earned in a month or two with a part time job. While working and saving, you can study the area of marketing in which you will start as well as creating your plan, schedule, and budget.

This is a business, treat it like one.

You can do this. If you are committed to being a success with your business, then you will do whatever you have to to get the initial money to start your business, like getting a second job to save the money for it. If you are unwilling to do that, then you are not ready to run a business.

You are in a community full of marketers at every level. All of us, everyone, have dedicated a sizeable portion of our time to helping one another. This includes you. You essentially have a university here full of professors willing to teach you what is necessary for you to succeed. All you have to do is learn to earn and invest in the tools to make it functional. It's like having a scholarship and all you have to do is pay for your own expenses and the education is on us.

Invest in yourself with a second job, spend your time learning while earning, be committed to being the finest student. Do these things and you will have the business you want!

T J

I would like to see more examples of affiliate products I would actually pull out a credit card for. I'd like to see more working examples of what has made money in the past or now(even if it isn't currently, I'll try to figure it out).....

I look at some of these offers and I'm just like... damn I could maybe pull this off with a positive ROI if I knew what I was doing and had the money, but it's only a maybe.

I think I need to find products I'm truly interested in, as well as a vertical I'm truly interested in and go from there. Such as anti-aging products, I'm huge into biochemistry.....

Okay, so the name of this thread is "As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started". Where have you identified what is stopping you. I see where you are making mistakes in your thinking, but I don't see what is stopping you. Perhaps it's your "Green Light - Red Light Syndrome".

You said, "I would like to see more examples of affiliate products I would actually pull out a credit card for". My question is why? What difference does it make whether you are willing to pull out a credit card? I'll answer that for you, it doesn't! This is what the red light - green light syndrome is. You are deciding for the masses what they should or should not pay for. That's insane. This is a marketing business, your entire job, your entire company position, is to find the people that will pay for something, period! You're impression of a product is inconsequential, completely irrelevant.

We are in the data business. We are not in the "
I'll screen the products for you before you buy" business. In the data business, we research what verticals with viable offers are currently producing. We select the offer(s) within a niche of a vertical by researching their performance. Once we have a viable offer, we then research the demographics and the traffic patterns and then we build a set of campaigns for the offer(s). We analyze the data from our tracker, refine our targeting, refine our traffic, and scale up. This is what we do!

If marketers were product screeners, then the Pet Rock would never had sold over a million little rocks on little pillows in their own little boxes!

In the words of the immortal Zig
Ziglar, "You've got a case of Stinkin' Thinkin'"! Just change your perspective and you will change your world @jakon !

My problem is writing. Not that I can't write, but I find myself at a loss of ideas to write about it.

@Red , you don't have a writing problem, you have a "stay on topic" problem. You wrote 1554 words about topics completely irrelevant to this thread. I'm not slamming you, but you seem to be under the impression you can't write and yet you wrote out your life story. There are other little devils at work in your writing problems.

Yes, it is WAY EASIER to generate income with at least some starting capital. But it is NOT impossible to do without it.

Anyone that spends the time and effort to try and earn from free resources in today's market is not going to generate a business. Everyone that has attempted this in all of the communities I frequent has given up within months. It simply requires far too many hours to gain very little if anything. As well, there is no way to target customers and no way to do proper tracking with free traffic. In addition, free traffic is almost always trash traffic and will often result in complaints from the advertisers to the networks. When the networks get notified that one of their affiliates is sending trash traffic, they will scrutinize your promotions and start looking for reasons to dump you. The free ride to wealth in affiliate marketing is a HOAX!

My problem is, I find it easier to write content for my affiliate marketing site then for my niche site.

Red, I am a content writer, I write prolifically everyday for my content and continuity sites as well as averaging over a hundred posts a day in communities like this one. I have been writing for over 40 years and have plenty of experience and training to provide you with a reasonable summary. I can tell you that, having read your post in this thread many times, your writing problem is structure, you have none. This is, almost 100% of the time, due to a lack of training in writing. It doesn't require your going to a school, simply get some good books on writing and structure will be more than half the material with some authors and teachers. Once you know how to properly research and turn your notes into a properly structured story, you will be enabled to write fewer words when relating a big picture. Your lack of this portion of your writing skills has resulted in this post of yours being so long and full of irrelevant content in relation to the original question of "As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started?".

Do this, get a copy of this book, William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White, The Elements of Style.

I wouldn't give advice if I thought it was bs and weren't doing it myself.

Well, we all appreciate your efforts on guidance here, but in keeping with this threads intention, that's for me to do in this thread. Again, I am not slamming you. I hope you understand that I am simply trying to point you in the right direction here. When someone starts a thread in a forum, they generally establish the tone and the direction of the thread. If someone started a thread about mobile CPA, responding with a post regarding desktop promotions would be off topic and perhaps viewed as thread hijacking. I am not complaining, I am pointing out that this lack of structure is where you are getting what you may think of as "writer's block". Structure in writing keeps you focused on the correct delivery of an idea or thought. It enables you to be the most efficient for your writing style when you create a string of text.

TJ, any advice for me with my writing ideas/topics?

Research is the motivator for me, and I find this to be true among my colleagues. Research makes up more than half my day, everyday. No matter what part of my business one may point, research is always at least half of my routines. You see, when researching, you are constantly being exposed to new information. New information then blends with what you already have in your knowledge base. This generates new ideas. New ideas can then be explored and researched, and then more new ideas are generated. When you are in this cycle of research, you should be taking copious notes, and it is these notes that will outline your topics and subject matter for your writing. Couple all of this with with a self styled, and structured, writing and you will be getting a point across to the reader with precision, efficiency, and all while being entertaining if need be.

Summary: Learn to structure, develop your style, become a research gangster, and of course stay on topic!

You obviously like to write, you do convey thoughts, you just need to do a little intellectual molding with your skills and everything will fall into place!

Last edited:
any advice for me with my writing ideas/topics?

Hey Red,

I saw a really good post somewhere recently, quite possibly on here ...that gave me some good advice for inspiration about writing posts if you get blocked. It was along the lines of head to Amazon, search for some books on your niche and look at the contents page that is pretty much always posted along with the image. From there you should be able to pull out a few good keywords that will form the basis of a post title. We've had an exchange before when I joined and I mentioned that I too am working on a health site and already over the past few days I've manage to build up a good list of articles that I now need to research and write.

Anyhow that method seemed to be helping me.

Hope it helps you and best of luck,

Also in answer to the main thread, what has stopped me in the past (which I am now trying my hardest to break the habit of) is getting lost in the detail of it all and getting blocked by the enormity of the tasks in hand, especially with the focus on what content to write about. Now I am just concentrating on little steps, but making sure I complete 1 article at a time, before wandering off when something shiny comes along :) So for now, I am making an evergrowing list of potential articles to write about and then to tick these off the list one by one (in no particular order, just ones that I feel more comfortable writing about). It's only the start, but it is helping me keep focus. In essence I am concentrating on getting some content in place (aiming for 10 articles) before putting the site live, that should give me breathing space to allow 1 for article per week (at minimum), which then will free me up to spend time to monetize and drive traffic. Anyhow that's the plan ...we'll see how it goes ;-)

Cheers,

Tjtutor .. I am really thankful to you for this thread . This thread and your advice cleared all my doubts and encourage me to start with proper plan to focus one at a time.

I am glad if you suggest some good books to learn writing skills as I am not good in writing.

I get very doubtful when I see every super affiliate trying to sell a product or lesson. I know they want to make money but aren't they making tons off campaigns? Also information overload and limited time due to job I just cant leave yet

A big obstacle to me, When a CPA Offer is ready and designed. I lost myself, how to find right target audience. I loose all my hope at this point.

Kindly suggest me how can i overcome this problem?

Hi guys,

I have just completed the WIKI, set up a plan, budget ($500 and min $200/mo), schedule, signed up on 5 af. networks and
now i am about to choose a traf. source. Btw i have chosen as verticals email/zip submits and adult, but i am thinking of using mobile because of many other co-affiliate suggest them as a good first step. As for the tr. sources should i read all the subforums and then pick one? Is there any all in one guide so as to help me? As for verticals what do you suggest is a good fit for a newbie?

MI
Back