The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Article Submission Strategy

hamncheese

affiliate
I wanted to start a discussion on article submission strategies. What is the thought on:
1. Using an Article Syndication service to publish one article on many different sites?
2. Do manual, and one-time submissions only. Meaning: take one article and submit it to ONLY ONE authority article directory?
3. What is a good list of article directories. I found this list and picked 10 sites that I am using for manual submission: Best Article Directories | Top Article Directory List| Free Article Directorys | Articles Submissions
4. What service do you like for article submission? What is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

HP

Since Google's Farmer Update, there far less value to article marketing than what you are being led to believe (probably by those marketers who want to charge you for article submission).

You may want to reconsider your marketing strategy after reading these threads:

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ting-search-engine-optimization-solution.html

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ve-after-googles-panda-update-aka-farmer.html

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...gorithm-change-cracks-down-content-farms.html

Yeah I am agree with Arizajay, You have to change your article Submission strategy.Because After Google Panda Changes Article submission is not so effective.

Thanks! I read the articles/posts. Very informative. I haven't been on this forum in over a year, but these quality responses reminded me why I liked this forum to begin with. I will continue to grow my site by adding new and informative content on a weekly basis. I guess it is more about quality than quantity when it comes to back links these days...

Thanks!

HP

And if it's truly quality content, over time it will attract "organic" links, the best kind. :)

It's especially easy to do this with a blog format, or a similar format that provides RSS feeds for those who use that method (e.g., Google Reader, Bloglines, Google Alerts) for keeping updeated with their fgavorite topics or sites

yeah i guess but there is so much darn competition out there and so many articles you need to promot your article to get it out there for people to find a use.... right?

I agree! Blog format is great but I also think it is equally important to have some fixed pages added, updated, and/or appended occasionally. Blogs are great but the downside IMO is that content gets buried over time and link value coming from homepage.com or homepage.com/blog is loosing value.

One alternate strategy is to post the full article on your main site and an excerpt on a blog linking to your main site (i.e., "read more" or "read full article")..

I agree! Blog format is great but I also think it is equally important to have some fixed pages added, updated, and/or appended occasionally. Blogs are great but the downside IMO is that content gets buried over time and link value coming from homepage.com or homepage.com/blog is loosing value.

Do others agree with this statement?

yeah i guess but there is so much darn competition out there and so many articles you need to promot your article to get it out there for people to find a use.... right?

Well, let's be blunt: Most of your competition is heavily SEO'd dross. Panda has buried a big chunk of that already and there will be more updates to Panda rolled out in the coming weeks and months.

The WORST thing you can do now is to keep on doing the same old same old.

LEARN from Panda: Change how you do things. Don't write dross just for the sake of being able to say you have "new content". It's not content if it's crap. Don't spin articles and think you're gaining new content that way, either. Write a brand new article with content that will actually benefit readers.

"The times they are a-changing."

Change with them or get used to the dark basements of search.

Do others agree with this statement?

No. If you use a decent WordPress theme and set up your links and archives in a sensible way, nothing gets lost. I'm not a frequent blogger but I'm still getting comments on posts I wrote 4 or 5 years ago.

Not all blogging platforms are created equal. I would never recommend Blogger or Bloglines to anyone: Go for WordPress and host it on your own domain. Then invest in a style with some SEO benefits (Thesis, one of the Copyblogger offerings, or a custom theme by a designer who understands SEO) and an SEO add-on (All-in-One SEO, Yoast).

And then wait until you have something to say BEFORE you post. Don't surround your good content with junk posts just so it looks like you have a lot of posts - THAT is how your content will get buried.

banners
Back