The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are you still using Internet Explorer 6.0 ?

vicdigi

affiliate
Is anyone using Internet Explorer 6.0.

I am currently putting together a Wordpress site which is working perfectly in all browsers but appears to be a little shady in IE 6.0.

The left sidebar and middle content ocassional gets cut off when viewing in IE 6.0. Sometimes when I refresh the page it works fine, then refresh again and it is cuts the bottom content off.

Any ideas or solutions given would be greatly received.

Im not no but when i look at some of my website stats alot of people still are ! which is a little disapointing like your self i have a couple of joomla sites that now do not texture correctly in IE6 because its too advanced, although on one site if you are using IE6 it should give you a warning explaining the site doesnt work correctly and they should upgrade. I should test that really to see if it works lol

I am pretty baffled by this problem. Reckon I should reload the original template to another folder and see if that works ok on IE 6.0!

dont know about a IE6 fix.

anyway, i use IE7 which i much prefer ovr FF2.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont know about a IE6 fix.

anyway, i use IE7 which i much prefer ovr FF2.

Same here.
I also use Firefox, have AOL browser, netscape and Opera install. Opera has never been good though but always interesting to see how websites look eventually.

It depends on the person though. If you ask in a forum like this you'll find not may people use IE6. However general users do.

Advice: have you used the height CSS property? IE6 does have problems with this tag at times, especially when the content is bigger than the height.

I believe I have! It is all there set, made changes etc. Guess the remaining option here is to reinstall the original files to see if they were working ok in the first place.

I have IE7, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Multiple IE which contains IE 3.0, IE 4.01, IE 5.01, IE 5.5 and IE 6.0 ( here, occasionally i use only the last one )

What is the link with your problem ? Maybe i can help.

first solution that comes in mind it's to set a min height for the sidebar.

you can do this by adding the following code to #contentright or #sidebar:
Code:
height:auto !important;
height:{value}px;
min-height:{value}px;

another tip: install IE Developer Toolbar for future debugs.

I see around 1/3 visitors still using IE6 across my sites, so I still code for it.

However, I'm starting to worry less about them -- for example using PNG files which IE7 handle but IE6 struggles with without hacks

Code:

Thanks, i'll give that a try in while - hope it works

Code:

Thanks for that, just tested it but no joy unfortunately. Tried many refreshes and it does not occur as much as it used to.

I see around 1/3 visitors still using IE6 across my sites, so I still code for it.

It is very necessary to code for users of IE6. From 30,000 visitors can you imagine 10,000 of them getting pee'd off with your website.

So not good for business...

Firefox rules for me! Thought i use IE7 sometimes. but never IE8 . everytime i tried using it, my system crashed.It has some serious compatibility issues i guess. Hell. How about others?

Firefox rules for me! Thought i use IE7 sometimes. but never IE8 . everytime i tried using it, my system crashed.It has some serious compatibility issues i guess. Hell. How about others?

I have a copy of ie 8 on my pc and it works a treat for testing ie 7 and ie 8!

I have not had problems with it crashing my system at all.

I mainly prefer to use ff2 though.

I have a question about ie 7 and ie 8 what are the differences between css compatiblity between the two of them??

MI
Back