Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are You a Lazy Marketer?

D

djbaxter

Are You a Lazy Marketer?
by Nick Stamoulis
September 19, 2011

We are all a little guilty of taking the easy way out sometimes. Maybe we didn?t have the time or energy to give it our all or maybe we thought we could get away with doing the minimum for a while. Whether it was your personal or professional life, just about everyone has taken a few shortcuts here and there. However, if you?ve take the ?good enough? approach with your marketing (either for your own business or on behalf of clients), you?re going to end up doing more harm than good.

Here are 4 common ?lazy marketing? tactics you want to avoid:

1. Automated Phone Calls
  2. Spam E-mail Blasts
  3. Microsites
  4. Ad Blasting Social Networks

Read more...

I find myself being all about the tasks that I LIKE to do, and pushing the tedious stuff to the backburner. I think a good idea is to make a conscious effort to make a daily to-do list of thinks you MUST complete, whether you like it or not.

Haha StackCash, I completely understand! I catch myself doing everything like that too. Sometimes I have to make myself get the boring tedious stuff out of the way frist so i get everything done

I sometimes refer to myself as a 'lazy' marketer, but it's a misnomer. I always attempt to produce the absolute best be-it in my content or the coaching of my students and to maintain the highest integrity.

I always use best practices but I'm aware how priceless my time is (I'm a freedom freak and only put in 4 hours a day in my business) and therefore I'm 'lazy' in terms of my use of outsourcers and automation.

BTW, if anyone's a bit wary of using outsourcers, start with Fiverr and then move out from there to use your own dedicated VA's

I don't think that I am a lazy marketer as I do a lot of different work and I always try to choose various ways of promotion. Some of them fail and I seek for some other ways. So I think that everybody of us can be lazy sometimes when we are just tired.

A lazy marketer is not much of a marketer. In the world of IM your actions will determine your results, lazy with your marketing and your results will show.

A lazy marketer is not much of a marketer. In the world of IM your actions will determine your results, lazy with your marketing and your results will show.

Rather depends on your definition of 'Lazy' My definition of 'Lazy' is someone who is very focused and time efficient in their marketing - and that's me 100%

This has allowed me to gain the financial and personal freedom I set out to achieve whereas many people I associate with (my students, affiliates and associates) are quite the opposite, wonder why they achieve so little and tend to be surprised how easy it can be to turn that around.

It's become such a burden to them that I now make sure I put hints in front of them and teach it at my StartBusinessMentor training blog.

Here's one hint that works wonderfully well - set yourself 4 (only) tasks of no more than 60 minute duration that you MUST achieve in a particular day. Download the free coundown timer 'cnet_ctimer_exe' and time yourself on each task. Break the task into parts if you can't achieve it in 60 minutes.

Try it, it's wonderfully simple but so, so effective.

PS, I only work 4 hours a day even though I've 'retired' to my home. My Daily Task Number 3 for today is Participate in related forums - and I've just spend 10 minutes here.

Rather depends on your definition of 'Lazy' My definition of 'Lazy' is someone who is very focused and time efficient in their marketing

I feel like I'm missing something... Since when did Lazy mean "focused" and "time efficient."

Nonetheless I think I know what you mean. Your talking about working smarter.

Again, I don't think this makes someone a lazy marketer, they are being effective in their marketing which would make them smart.

As I am not satisfied with my results in the field of IM, then I consider myself a lazy marketer ...

But from the other side, that is not just the laziness that is also luck of experience. Not everything I'm trying works, so results are not as good as expected and in the result motivation to work really hard also drops down ... and I tend to do those things I like better and avoid those, which I do not like.

Outsourcing is the way to go! I always invest my earning into content creation, which I dislike doing the most.

Backlinking I'd do by myself because thats the only was you are sure of its quality.

Making a list of things I need to complete each day definitely helps me avoid my lazier self, even if I only get 18 out of the 20 things on the list done, I know that if I didn't have the list it would be more like 12 things out of 20, helps me stay on track.

Making a list of things I need to complete each day definitely helps me avoid my lazier self, even if I only get 18 out of the 20 things on the list done, I know that if I didn't have the list it would be more like 12 things out of 20, helps me stay on track.

That is a really good Idea I may try that next time I have things to do. "Lists" - Why did I never think of them.

This is all very interesting, I have seen post talking about marketing smarter and then I have seen post here talking about doing the things people like to do. I guess the real question should be what is considered Lazy.

I think one of the reasons most people get into online marketing and income online is to do less to make more. We want to spend more time with our families while we still earn income. Is that lazy? This is the thing; we need to work smart and that means working up front to reap the rewards on the backend.

What one needs to do is lay the foundation this means create a web of highly valuable content that can be distributed on social sites, hub pages, squidoo lenses, and article directories (not to mention your own personal blog). As more and more people find your content and see how informative and helpful it is they begin to depend on you to answer any of their questions and the more you do that the deeper the relationship.

Soon you will have a huge following of people willing to do just about anything you suggest (now you can be lazy). At this point you can begin promoting anything you like which you would more than likely have been doing all along from your blog but now people are actually taking you up on it.

So you see there is a lazy marketer which we all should strive to be however it takes work to get there and all of that does not have to be at your own hands like someone mentioned here also it is called OUTSOURCING! :D :D :D

I am a lazy dating niche marketer. Do you know if you need to work your way up before you start working with a big guys like dream marriage or match? Or is it just a question of competing with hundreds other affiliates?

MI
Back