The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Are Web Directory Backlinks More Valuable Than Non-Directory Ones?

espmartin

affiliate
Since this forum is composed of many web directory owners, I was wondering
if you can tell me through statics - how backlinks from your directories
perform, or are "rated/valued" compared to non directory backlinks?

What's your take?

It really depends on your niche and obviously the quality of the backlink. In most of the cases I'd say that a link in a quality directory worth much more than a link on a niche-related average website.

My view is 100% opposite...

If I have a choice for a link from two similar sites with the same traffic and PR, one being directly related to my niche and another is general directory - I will take niche site without any hesitation.

Try to do a search on any engine for any term (except "directory") - you will never see directory in the first position. There must be a reason behind it...

I agree with Skinner, thought I own multiple directories. Links from regular contents website is more valuable than links from even the best web directory.

Getting backlinks from other sites in your niche is best everytime. At least as far as serps are concerned anyway. :)

So do you all think that directory links from your niche are just as valuable as a non-directory
link from you niche?

I think non directory links are more valuable for one reason.

Suppose if I blog about something, not only will that be a permanent backlink, it will also recieve clickthroughs, more so than a directory.

So do you all think that directory links from your niche are just as valuable as a non-directory
link from you niche?

I think so, and there may be several reasons. Directories lack content; therefore cannot compete with blogs for example from your niche.

However; Directory listings are great for this purpose, a great option for blog links etc.

Meti

banners
Back