The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

appending software

Mr clean list

affiliate
Does anyone know of a solid appending software that is out of the box ready to use? I don't think there is one, but I figured if anyone knew about one it would be here. Also a data management tool if not appending that can pull from extremely large files and not have any issues if you don't know the MySQL or Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
time to learn LINUX :)
Code:
>$ sed 's/$/the text you need at the end/g' filename
the file is read and each line appended.

Maybe the windows power shell can do this now? sed works in Mac ... Mac is a UNIX based os
You could probably write this in PHP code as a web application using foreach and some form of a regex. That would be an overkill as you can CONCAT() with MySQL or NoSQL MySQL CONCAT() function - w3resource and OUTFILE the results.

GUI is nice but nothing replaces knowing shell terminal commands
added** I have used these commands on files with a few hundred thousand lines --and it finishes in 10 - 20 seconds usually (or less) if the command is written correctly.

another thing: install dos2unix. you need to make windblows \r to UNIX \n for GNU sed to read the line to the line end of \n

if you have the files on your (LINUX) server and know how to use ssh do this there ;)

Last edited:
MySQL example
Code:
mysql> select CONCAT('existing', ' ', 'added data') AS newLine;
+---------------------+
| newLine             |
+---------------------+
| existing added data |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select CONCAT('existing', ',', 'added data') AS newLine;
+---------------------+