The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone heard of spottt?

helen_gracio

I know from books on SEO that reciprocal links, link exchanges are low values for search engines (I mean google). 1 valuable one way link from a high PR site brings higher vote to your site, than 10s of other reciprocal links, etc.

Today I came across spottt.com. We have a website (actually an online free service) monetized by advertisements. I am lured to try this, but wanted to get your opinion.

I know from books on SEO that reciprocal links, link exchanges are low values for search engines (I mean google). 1 valuable one way link from a high PR site brings higher vote to your site, than 10s of other reciprocal links, etc.

Hi Helen,

I wouldn't dismiss the value of reciprocal links that much, if you have reciprocal links from good sites those are still high quality links and i wouldn't mind having 10 reciprocal links from 10 good websites, good content, good amount of traffic on those pages and a healthy PR.

Those would bring probably more value then that one one way link from a high PR page.

Just be very careful who you link out to and do it wisely, you don't want to link out with anchor text for terms you want to rank for ;)
Especially from the page you're trying to rank.

Remember, in the end the Internet is a closed system, websites link out to each other and your site would become more part of a authority hub if you link out as well.

Today I came across spottt.com. We have a website (actually an online free service) monetized by advertisements. I am lured to try this, but wanted to get your opinion.

That doesn't feel right with me.

Just be very careful who you link out to and do it wisely, you don't want to link out with anchor text for terms you want to rank for ;)
Especially from the page you're trying to rank.

You want to say that I give away the vote? Please could you elaborate the statement.

Hi Helen,

True, providing a vote to a website is a good thing provided you do it wisely, don't link out to simply any website and don't link out to a page with an anchor text that contains the keywords you want your own page to rank for.

Your inbound link profile is being evaluated, but so does your outbound linking profile.

Let's say you have a website about dog nutrition/grooming, providing information to people how to take care of their dog(s).

If you link out to a well known i.e. dog owners association website from somewhere on your site other then a page you try to rank or if the page you link out to is not directly competing with your page content, your keyword(s) you try to optimize for that's a good thing.

I have personally tried Spottt.

I realised that it didn't turned out as good as it sounds. It is kinda waste to work on that and I would rather you spend time on other "backlink grabbers"

Spottt is a free way to trade links with other likeminded sites. You show ads of other Spottt members, and they will show your ads...

Spottt is a very effective tool that not only helps you trade links, but also is pretty effective in finding sites with similar niches to your own with which to trade links. I'd give it a try--it doesn't force you to trade the links and will at the least show you similar sites on the net, and what competition you are up against or working with.

I have personally tried Spottt.

I realised that it didn't turned out as good as it sounds. It is kinda waste to work on that and I would rather you spend time on other "backlink grabbers"

Its a link exchange. When I said I was going to try, I didn't come back to post. I don't like exchanges at all. I like natural and relevant links.

MI
Back