The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Anyone Having Success Marketing on Facebook?

AdAnglerSandra

Has anyone experienced difficulty marketing on Facebook?

I've been reading up on trends in social network marketing since that seems to be a growth area for affiliates, and I came across an article yesterday from someone on another forum who was complaining that Facebook was shutting down his campaigns but still letting people click on the ads to run up his click expenses to them. (The post came up on google as "Facebooks new way of dealing with Affiliate traffic?.Click Fraud em!").

I know there was some chatter in May about the new terms Facebook set up but I haven't seen much more written about the impact. Anyone running traffic through Facebook?

Thanks,
Sandra

Facebook has over 400,000,000 members so it has huge amounts of traffic

There are obviously huge opportunities

As luck would have it I am embarking on a big Facebook project as I write

If I remember, I will come back in a week or two and let you know my results

Hey Sandra,

One thing to keep in mind while trying to give a go on facebook is that we're entering the fourth quarter. Most big brands like, pepsi, nike, ect. spend alot on social in the fourth quarter which tends to drive bid prices up. So if you're not seeing a great roi while trying to get going at this time, keep that in mind :)

Cheers

No problem at all :). Have you thought of trying plenty of fish at all? If not and you would like some info on their ad platform let me know and I'll send over a document that I wrote up a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers

Recently, I have experienced the difficulty in marketing on face book; I found that few people pay attention to my articles. The progress is very slow, I’m a little depressed, and could you give me any available suggestions?

Unfortunately, I have been tied up with niche blogging over the past couple of weeks and still have not got into it

I have it all set up and I will try to get it moving this week

I also am very interested in learning from success stories on Facebook Marketing. When MySpace was a boom, I pretty much got reasonable traffic from it. I am trying to do the same with Facebook, but so far, its just "okay"

Hey guys,

One thing to keep in mind is on facebook generally you are going to lose money before you make it (as with most paid traffic platforms). The key to facebook is to test test test. Have a good tracking software in place and go in to it with the mind set that you are going to pay $$ to gather intel. If in your gut you beleive an offer should be working then don't give up. Try every ad variation with all possible demographic variations and weed out the combinations that do not look promising. Also the goal with facebook is to get a CTR or at least 0.10%, if you ads aren't getting that CTR then facebook will stop showing your ad within a day.

Also you may want to look into some mass uploading tools. Facebook has went the way of google, they do not want affiliate marketers. They want big branded or local companies on their ad platform. Once you find that winning ad make sure you upload and run the ad a ton of times at once. This way when one ad gets shut down you have another running, make sense?

This story isn't meant to scare you but motivate you: Our internal team was convinved that a certain ad should be making money on facebook. It was a gut instinct, so they kept at it. They ended up at a loss of $80,000 a tone point, but eventually it worked and now the offer is killing it! (no I won't tell the offer so please don't ask ;) ) Now i'm not saying you need a massive budget, this story was more to show that eventually with the right metrics anything can work.

Another thing to do is keep an eye on what ads you see time and time again, that have been there for a long time. This generally means that that ad has been profitable for someone. This doesn't mean jack the offer, which you could try, but focus on the ad copy. Take it and make it better. Always, and I mean always, write your ads to the lowest common denominator. Meaning make sure your ads are simple and are effectively marketing to the not so smart people out there, that way you hit everyone. This is actually a golden rule in advertising, from print to radio to tv to affiliate marketing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Facebook can make your marketing successful. As you see that fb has the largest member of social media sites. At this moment, maybe you didn't have the success yet but as time goes on with much effort, you'll surely have the success you wanted. You can create application like games and fun stuffs to gain subscribers and become better conversions.

I'm not quite ready to pay for fans, but I have had good success with another website of mine.

In terms of social networks, Facebook seems to be king, followed by Twitter, and then Myspace for hits is almost non-existent even with a lot of friends. (in my experience)

It's tough work, but probably worth it if you can figure out how to get fans and followers to your projects.

I got a freebie from one of the guru promotions and it was about promoting on fb. It seemed cumbersome and very confusing. It was all about building a couple of different profiles and then inviting people to "like" you and doing that for a couple of weeks to build your following... does this sound right? Is there a better way?

We was working on Facebook with no sucess, we are a Shareware Directory, so for us Twitter was better.

Hope it help
Claudio

What about JP Penny - they have a store on Facebook now. What do you guys think about the idea of doing ecommerce via Facebook? Frankly, I think FB should remain purely a social media site and commerce should be left off.

I agree BlogDiva, they are big corporations and can afford to do marketing without getting onto the social networks to pitch their wares. I think it should remain the social network it was made to be and commercial businesses should continue to pay for ads and such as always. It's the cost of doing business. I'm still trying to figure out the whole FB thing when it comes to marketing. Scared I'll get the boot and burn a bridge. I love FB for what it is.

Facebook is quite expensive when it comes to their ad campaigns, so unless you can handle the pressure, you can probably make it work. Not every campaign is successful, so you have to see what works and what doesn't and in order to do that you need a budget.

What I can say that I had a voucher of 50$ on Facebook. Not only that the bid was hi 0.65 but also I saw click that did not reflect on my statistics. I didn't watch carefully as it was a free voucher ... but the impression wasn't to good about them.

Facebook is way better than Twitter for conversions and sales, Twitter can convert but extremely low % wise across different boards/industries vs Facebook. The problem is so many people don't know how to target and track and test their campaigns on Facebook and start putting in bids than wonder why their getting poor results. Also you generally don't have to pay the FB "asking" bid, in fact it's quite easy to pay a lot less if you target correctly.

If you learn how to target your market and niche, you can do extremely well on Facebook with their ppc ad program. Only thing that can be a pain in the *** is they can sometimes be picky on what your image for the ad is.

banners
Back