The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone have any experience with Quora ads, Reddit ads, or X (Twitter) ads? Need Help!

totoypro

affiliate
I have experience promoting CB nutra products on Yt and Fb ads but wanted to explore other traffic sources. I'm currently looking into Reddit, Twitter, and Quora ads. Pinterest ads and Snapchat ads are in the back of my mind but I wanted to explore something less talked about.

From what I have heard and tested, I received mostly bot traffic from Twitter and Reddit ads (I might've set up my twitter ads wrong but for Reddit, many people received bot traffic and not just me). As For Quora Ads, I didn't get much suspicious traffic. Only issue is that they were not converting or even going past a simple landing page. Does anyone have any experience with any of these traffic sources and can give me any tips?

Also, currently testing Quora ads with sweeps as I thought that it would be the type of offer I can promote to majority of people. Compared to weight loss where majority of buyers are women 45+. I have also been treating it similar to facebook but that might be a mistake. As for reddit and twitter, I ran sweeps but also checked the traffic using MaxConv (I think they check suspicious traffic, tho I don't know how accurate it is) and found that it was mostly suspicious traffic. Tested twitter in Sept of this year and found that they would give cheap cpms and cpcs. I am looking to test twitter again in the future but instead of setting up ads normally, I would put the link in the ad copy instead as I have seen many other people doing the same.

Would love to hear anyones input and, if there are any, tips for these traffic sources. I might stop testing Quora ads soon and either go back to testing Twitter ads or move on to Pinterest ads or Snapchat ads. I know people are killing it on Pinterest or Snapchat at least, unlike Twitter, Reddit, or Quora where there might not be many people doing well with them.

nothing first hand but here's a bump for some first hand input

why are they bots? can you prove that and dispute the ad CPC/PPC charges?

here is a bash script that will check the ips --LINUX req'd

Bash:
#!/bin/bash

for ip in `cat  fileName.csv`
do

HOST=$(host $ip)
echo $ip,$HOST

echo -n  $ip,>>campaignID-host-check.csv
echo   $HOST >>campaignID-host-check.csv

sleep 0.25
done

sometimes the bot clicks are obvious the hosts are not residential ips

Not 100% sure it was bots but positive it was bad traffic quality. I did use MaxConv to track my links and they have a column about suspicious traffic. All the campaigns I ran had a 99% suspicious traffic

#1, 2, 3 I would agree with

The following, not so much, as they are somewhat subjective to individual conditions:
  • TTB Avg. (The average of Time to Bounce)
    MaxConv calculate the time it takes from campaign visit to lander click, it's called TTB (Time to Bounce) in reporting.

• TTC Avg. (The average of Time to Convert)
    It's similar to TTB, but calculating the time it takes from offer visiting to offer converting.
I would look at the actual server access logs from your webserver to make an educated guess.

It's not uncommon to have "TTB & TTC" situations caused by the ads themselves due to relevancy of the ads and the landing/or bridge page --as well as other factors.

These appear to be unfiltered PPC/CPC when/if #1 to #3 apply.

As for reddit and twitter, I ran sweeps but also checked the traffic using MaxConv (
I have heard that --but I haven't used those ads myself. So, no first hand knowledge of low quality. First hand, I know that links from posts in most social media draw a lot of junk traffic (bots and scrapers) --but that is unfiltered --not paid ads. So do search engine referrals (organic) have a lot of bot and scraper traffic --also the SERPs can be the indirect cause of it --that is one way that they (bots and scrapers) find you.

MI
Back