The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Any Way Of Checking Who`s Still Linking?

TeamPlayer

affiliate
You spend time and effort to get links in, either purely as backlinks, or as reciprocals.

Question, is there any way of being able to check every so often on who is still linking to your site? If so, it`s then possible to weed out the webmasters who remove your link, particularly applicable to reciprocals, and those sites which are no longer up and running.

TeamPlayer,
If you use a tool such as infowizard, PHPLD or eSyndicat to manage your links, you can just login and check to see if link partners are still linking to you. If you do you linking manually, you will have to check manually.... but there are some 3rd party (you have to pay to use them) link monitoring tool which monitors you reciprocal links for you and alert you should the link partner stop linking to your site.

You can find all the inlinks Google knows about if you register your website at their Google webmaster tools: google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

Paul

temi, the thing is that I tend to manage a lot of my own links, and when I do sometimes use an outside program the one(s) I use are of the free variety which I don`t think keep a track on inbound links.

Thanks Paul. I am in fact with Google`s Webmaster scheme, which has some very good features. The problem with links though is that from what I`ve seen they group the internal and external site links together. Or, you can just read the internal links, but not just external links. I`ve seen other programs where you can see what links there are, but very often the links Google picks up aren`t always necessarily what say Yahoo sees, so I wouldn`t want to go on just the info from the Google source.

banners
Back