The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any gardeners out there?

AncientGardener

affiliate
Hello everyone, there now follows a short history lesson:
I started out as a gardener in 1976 and via a long tortuous route via university, CG programmer, univeristy lecturer, I am now almost back where I started. I left my lecturing job 2 years ago and have written 'The Vegetable Gardeners Almanac' software for gardeners/allotment holders and smallholders. This was a moderate success and encouraged me (much against my partners wishes) to write 'The Poultry Keepers Almanac' for those who keep chickens.
Whilst lecturing in Singapore I learned all about website design and wrote the sites to promote the software.
My high-tech office is the shed in the garden where I am now sitting writing my next software ('The Walkers Almanac'), watching my veg grow and listening to my hens clucking away.
Happily there are numerous forums for chicken keepers and gardeners so I can discuss all the ins and outs of my obsessions all day long (well, only in between writing programs, honest).
So I have almost come full circle - I would never have thought back in the 70s that computers, hens and vegetables would make me so happy!

Are there any perl programmers out there? I keep saying that the next website will be in php but a part of me can't be bothered to change!

AncientGardener,
Welcome to UK webmaster world. There are quite a few fossils here as well including yours truly.
I don't programme any more (I was a terrible programmer :( but I once bough my self Perl cookbook with the hope of learning some basic Perl and using the free example that came with the book....its been gathering dust on my bookshelves ever since.
It must be wonderful combining your two passion :)

Welcome ancient gardener!

I am useless at gardening but loved keeping chickens - will look out for your almanac!

(sadly have not taken any chickens on for the last couple of years as my family are worried about 'bird flu).

MI
Back