The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any Drupal experts in the house?

M

Mars Guitars

I've just started constructing a site using Drupal CMS - anybody here a Drupal user? It seems easy to do basic things, but there's a lot I'd like to do that I don't know where to start!

Can I edit templates? How do I load new templates?

I'm used to doing websites in Dreamweaver, so I'm a real numptie with CMS/scripts etc

if you download an html colour coding notepad then it'll be similar to dreamweaver (minus bloated code) I've used drupal for a few sites - it was a few years ago mind so I can't really remember how it works - but make sure you look into the documentation users have submitted really useful codes!

We pulled away from Drupal but have since returned to it since the launch of Drupal 6. We have found many of the templates can be easily changed and with Drupal 6, is more choices already built in for colour use and layouts. Must say that we are glad we went back as the ready built modules have saved us so much time and can be quickly added to any site.

I'm currently using Drupal, Joomla and WordPress on various sites.

WordPress is by far the easiest to install and use. Drupal is by far the most comprehensive. Joomla falls between the two.

Despite having used Drupal for several years there's still a lot to learn. If I think of something, Drupal can usually do it.

So Drupal is something you use, but never fully master. There's always more to learn. The things it can do are simply staggering (sometimes even overpowering!)

When I first started learning Drupal I invested in a book and simply worked through it, and I've bought another couple of books since too.

There are some excellent Drupal books on the market, and I'd recommend "Building Powerful and Robust Websites with Drupal 6", but there are loads, including one in the 'Dummies' series called "Drupal for Dummies".

I use Drupal and Wordpress. Drupal is much better because it is more flexible. There are so many tutorials online if you know what you want to achieve just search for it. Changing templates is easy there are lots of free and premium ones available. There are lots of good tutorials written already so I won't go into it again Google it and you will see lots.

All my sites are on Drupal 7 now. It's simply awesome. There are so many things you can do with Drupal that you can't do with anything else. Too many to provide a list, and D7 is really easy now too.

MI
Back