The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anchor texts

agentbuilder

How many of the same anchor text is good, Or should a person just mix it up. I really never get my anchor texts to show up in google. Any ideas?

Definitely mix them up, using slight variations in your keywords and synonms, etc.

1. It looks less glaringly like Google's "boogeyman", "artifical link building".

2. It will help you to rank for more keywords than using exactly the same anchor text over and over.

I would say mix it up, but you want to have your main keyword somewhere in the the anchor text that you mix it. For example if your main keywords are "dog food secrets", I would say create 70% of your links with "dog food secrets" and "dog food secrets review" then mix up the other 30% with stuff like "learn about dog food secrets", "find out about dog food secrets" - stuff like that.

Thats true it will help you rank in more than one term. I guess the question is relative to what your goals are. Are you focusing only in one term?

I would say mix it up, but you want to have your main keyword somewhere in the the anchor text that you mix it. For example if your main keywords are "dog food secrets", I would say create 70% of your links with "dog food secrets" and "dog food secrets review" then mix up the other 30% with stuff like "learn about dog food secrets", "find out about dog food secrets" - stuff like that.
As you said that mix those phrases "dog food secrets"....So if I want to have my keywords like "dog food" rank in the first page of google, do I have to do the same with that? or google will rank for the phrase "dog food secrets" but not "dog food". I think this is a problem.

No, it's not a problem. If you optimize for "dog food secrets" you are also optimizing for "dog food", although you'll have a lot more competition for the shorter search phrase.

Don't forget other long tail terms: dog food vietnam, dog food secrets vietnam, vietnamese dog food, premium dog food, homemade dog food, etc.

You can see one of the anchor texts I have below for "Accept Credit Cards". I use variations of "Accepting Credit Cards", "Accept Credit Cards by Phone", and even "Accept Credit Card" (singular).

I try to have at least two different anchor texts on a link building campaign.

Usually I will work on my primary keyword until I'm getting good page placement. Depending on the keyword this takes anything from a week to a month or more if its a really hard core keyword. Once I've got into the top 11 for that keyword I begin on one of my other keywords.
Usually I find by the time one of my sites hit the top 11 for a keyword there is usually enough 'background momentum' from anchor texts that either haven't yet been picked up by google or in the case of video's and articles constantly (in theory) been push in front of the search engine crawls. From there its just rinse and repeat.

I do find this works better for Long tail keywords in conjunction with a mini site optimised for the keyword.

banners
Back