The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anchor text?

Bionic_Woman

affiliate
Hey guys, I was wondering how best it would be to define your anchor text in signatures on the forums that you visit?

As I was using 'The Net Addict's (changed it now to see if that helps me better) that get's me to the top for a net addict but nothing in chat, or general chat forums in the chat lists on the google search.

What would be the best way for myself or anybody to define their anchor text?

Maria,
I think the best anchor text would be the keyword you are trying to get your site associated with, for example if you are trying to get your forum to rank for "The Coolest Forum" then that is what you should use at you anchor text and the link it to http://www.thenetaddicts.co.uk/ like you have actually done in your profile. The anchor text you have used is "Fun General Chat Forum" that should give your foum some boost for those keywords.

Maria,
I think the best anchor text would be the keyword you are trying to get your site associated with, for example if you are trying to get your forum to rank for "The Coolest Forum" then that is what you should use at you anchor text and the link it to http://www.thenetaddicts.co.uk/ like you have actually done in your profile. The anchor text you have used is "Fun General Chat Forum" that should give your foum some boost for those keywords.

What he said!

But you might do better with less words? Try "Fun Forum" or "chat forum"? It must be a pretty highly contested market.

Find the best search term you would like to target using some keyword selection tool like wordtraker or Overture. Try to make it as short as possible like Mars suggested.

Do a Google search for that term to see how high is the competition (how many total results found).

I would check few different terms and settle for the one less competitive.

Just a thought, but if you had specific chat topics on your forum, such as "support chat",
"business chat", etc - you could target each one.

banners
Back