propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amazon Drones

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by KSixJeremy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. KSixJeremy

KSixJeremy Moderator moderator Affiliate Manager affiliate

2. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

I answered this earlier today but the site went screwy and I guess it didn't save.

Personally, I'm not sure how likely this concept is but who knows, we may be living like the Jetsons before long. :)

Am I the only one who wonders if terrorists are salivating at the idea of getting hold of these?

A lot of questions come to mind: What if it lands in the wrong yard or a swimming pool? What if it crashes into another one, hits a child who's climbed a tree, or something else?

Probably, by the time this becomes a reality, they'll have all those areas of concern figured out. Still, it begs the question....what's wrong with delivering items in a van or truck? Sure, might take a little longer but would anyone really care?

3. elishahong87

elishahong87 Affiliate affiliate

Imagine hundreds of drones flying over our neighborhood and delivering goods from Amazon during a holiday season, it'll be a drone infested sky. Managing so many drones would be pretty crazy though I'm sure it could be automated. I like the idea and concept and Jeff Bezos is definitely thinking out of the box on this one. Let's see what else he comes up with.

4. EymardSiojo

EymardSiojo GRIND! affiliate

I will be a Sky Pirate :D JK

Its a good idea but need to be tested, planned, and research well.

5. KSixJeremy

Yeah, definitely needs a ton of planning. If you get a drone delivery in an apartment complex I could imagine that being pretty confusing, it would need to be dropped off away from your house. Might leave a huge opportunity for theft!

6. adrian

adrian Affiliate affiliate

It's an abuse of technology..... If they starting buzzing my house I'll get one of these Drone Shield and some buckshot. Possession is 9/10 of the law right lol. (note it is illegal to shoot down drones in the United states) But it's fun to think about.

Bezos is a bozo looking for a buzz, he got it. :cool:

7. crysper

crysper Moderator moderator Service Manager affiliate

I don't think they will be available very soon, there are lots of regulations to take care, public safety etc...

8. Cavalier07

Cavalier07 Affiliate affiliate

Waterstones has a great response to this news which I think is ace and very British

[video=youtube_share;6LtoSsE_4qU]http://youtu.be/6LtoSsE_4qU[/video]

Link to Article : Introducing O.W.L.S. | Waterstones Blog

1 person likes this.
  9. azgold

/\ That's hilarious! I love the artist's impression drawing and this guy's attitude/delivery.

10. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

This is already being tested in Germanistan as food supplier for doner kebab (a Turkish food).
    The "Doner Copter", presented already one year ago. No joke!! ꜜꜜ

[video]http://www.tagesschau.de/multimedia/video/video1356232.html[/video]

The biggest problem are still the licenses by the Aeronautical authority :p

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  11. Parry

Parry Affiliate affiliate

What a change from what they have always been used for! But they do need to ensure that accidents don't happen and the drones don't crash into buildings or people walking down the street.

12. KSixJeremy

That DroneShield is pretty awesome. Do they actually have Drone Hunters our there? I know it's illegal but I have read about it on different sites.

13. azgold

Hehe, here's Groupon's response. People are having a lot of fun with this but I'm sure they're laughing with Amazon, not AT them. :)

[video=youtube_share;hWhFN7N-rmU]http://youtu.be/hWhFN7N-rmU[/video]

1 person likes this.
  14. KSixJeremy

Haha! That's awesome. Glad some people are having fun with it.

15. blog2show

blog2show MASTER.Z affiliate

i like it very much. best idea ever!

16. azgold

Seriously, you guys?

Granted, it would be something to see one of those land in the front yard but I'm afraid that I have grave doubts about this technology. Then again, when I was a kid, I never dreamed that they'd someday make computers small enough for people to have in their homes. :)

17. azgold

HOLY CRAP!!

Well, this time Google has made the WebProNews, with a report of G's involvement in building robots. The author of the article says he hopes that G does not use them for evil purposes (he's serious). Apparently, they intend to replace some employees with them but product delivery wasn't one of the things mentioned (like Amazon's plan).

Whatever the goal is, G has purchased eight different robotics companies in the past few months. Something's up.

Link to the article

[video=youtube_share;t4OCko9Ws6M]http://youtu.be/t4OCko9Ws6M[/video]

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed