The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

All I Need to Know about Affiliate Marketing I Learned in Kindergarten

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Get in touch with your inner child today! I love the parallels that are drawn between being a child of kindergarten age and being an affiliate marketer. So take a fresh look at your business, with the eyes of a child, and read this great post by one of our clients... ShareResults.

<strong><a href="http://blog.shareresults.com/all-i-need-to-know-about-affiliate-marketing-i-learned-in-kindergarten/">All I Need to Know about Affiliate Marketing I Learned in Kindergarten</a></strong>

<strong>Lesson #3 - Don’t take things that aren’t yours</strong>
As above, affiliate marketers who attempt to get their traffic by duping people into coming to their site most often end up bouncing a far greater amount of traffic than they convert. The rewards just aren’t there, especially when one considers the harm that this does to legitimate affiliate marketers. Trust is what motivates a sale, above all other conditions.

I can think of some other childhood lesson analogies to add, like "No Pushing", "Do Unto Others" and "Look Both Ways Before Crossing the Street". Maybe some day when I have time and feel creative I'll work on a follow up post. :)

<strong>However if you are feeling creative or witty today and want to add your own kindergarten tips, feel free to add them below. </strong>

Excellent advice. I'll have to think about the kindergarten aspect.
Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago I wrote a short blog post on one of my business blogs about a lesson from adolescence that applies to business. Based it on a conversation I had with my daughter (12 years old) about being true to yourself.

A little excerpt-
As we travel down that path we sometimes need to take a detour and even alter our destination, but we always need to remain true to ourselves, maintaining our values, ethics and standards. I talked with her about how this sometimes means taking a different path than friends.

MI
Back