The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Tracking Software / Service

Michaelk30

affiliate
Hello,

I looking for a solid & reputable Affiliate Tracking Software or Service that can track affiliates two levels deep. If you can make any recommendations it is apperciated.
Thank you,

Michaelk

Hi Michael,

I'd be happy to help, but since there is no single ideal solution and the answer depends somewhat on your needs and what type of products you sell I wanted to ask a couple questions.

What type of products do you sell? (General category, not specifically)

Do you have a preference of inhouse software vs affiliate network? There are pros and cons to each
but I see a lot of benefits to going with a network.

I currently use no tracking software, mainly because I get NO SALES! But once I do, I will become heavily interested in using some kind of tracking software.

I don't think that even good affiliate networks track affiliates 2 levels deep, it's just not profitable, maybe some companies who pays for clicks in banners makes it, but they dont pay good for sure

I think a lot of affiliate tracking software has the capability to offer multiple commission tiers, ours certainly does.

Depending on the type of program and commissions offered, earning 2nd tier commission from affiliates you refer to a program can be quite lucrative. :)

Cheers,

If you are thinking to use an affiliate network then I suggest AffiliateBot and if you want to go for your own in house affiliate program them I suggest ClickInc.

I've been thinking over the same question. I am working with a merchant who sells services to new businesses- training and connections mostly. There's some event marketing, some training marketing, and some information marketing. It's going to be a complicated project- I can see at least four different types of program I'll need to start.

I guess it leaves me with three questions: 1. What networks would be best suited for high value payouts (some may be in the thousands)? 2. Do certain networks handle complicated programs better than other networks? 3. Would it be best just to bite the bullet and learn the tracking software myself?

Here are my top recommendations for the best low cost affiliate network and tracking software.

<a href="http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/trackingsoftware.html">Affiliate Software and Affiliate Networks</a>

Linda- as always- your help is spot on. Thank you.

I was wondering if I could elicit some opinions on a broader level, though. And maybe there's a good post in here that I haven't seen- I'm happy to just be redirected. Basically- if you're an affiliate manager, hat kinds of headaches or magical moments have people encountered with either approach to affiliate tracking? And if you've used both in-house solutions and networks, what makes you choose one over the other in a particular program? Do most AM's settle on one approach in the end or are there circumstances in which one solution is better than another?

Thanks all! And thanks Linda- I always seem to get my best information here.

Here are a couple threads that should help. In the 1st one I go into detail about all the different pros and cons of going with a network vs. inhouse software.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/merchant-affiliate-manager-discussions/19701-affiliate-network-vs-house-affiliate-software-merchants.html">Affiliate Network VS In-house Affiliate Software - For Merchants</a>

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ons/16786-network-vs-your-work.html#post52639

That's just what I was looking for. Thank you!

So here's a thought (I'm working on setting up a very complicated program, so I'm giving tracking some serious consideration right now). I'm imagining a solution in which you reserve the in-house program for your big players and keep others on the network for the added bonus of extra security. Then you don't make as much per sale in the long tail, but you also don't have to spend as much time fishing for bad behavior.

How would other AM's weigh in on that approach? The trouble I see is that the long tail still makes money- and you cut out the network fees- but the long-tail is also where you're likely to find the black hats.

banners
Back