The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Summit Miami 2007 - PRE Summit Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

With the Affiliate Summit around the corner, is anyone else excited that the venue has changed to Miami vs. Orlando?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Loren,

Wow that's right it's coming up fast. I'm not going this year so wasnt thinking too much about it. Just read on Shawn's blog though, it's almost sold out. So if anyone's thinking about going and you have not payed the piper yet, you better get off the pot!

Can' believe we don't a Summit thread started yet.
So who's going?

And to answer Loren's Q - anyone excited it changed to Miami vs. Orlando?

Affiliate Summit Miami

Hi.. I have never been to an Affiliate Summit, sounds interesting! Especially since it's in Miami :)

I'm trying to get into the loop and will look into it..maybe I'll see you there!

It's well worth it to go. You can easily make back the investment based on all you'll learn and the contacts you'll make.

I began going to the trade shows in 2005, and they have been so helpful for me. I have made great contacts, gotten great clients, and learned a lot about our industry.

The Affiliate Summits are a lot more intimate then Adtech, so if you haven't been before, definitely give it a shot!

If you missed the train on this one, plan for Vegas in January.

Or for all our members that live "across the pond"
the 1st Affiliate Summit in London is coming up in Sept. too!

Here's the info about all the upcoming Summits.
Affiliate Summit Conference

Shawn's a 5 Star member too, so hollar if you have any questions
and I'll get him over here to help.

I'll be at the Summit in Miami, it's my first one so needless to say I'm pretty excited! :D

I'd love to meet some fellow 5star members there, anyone else going?

I'm going. The last big affiliate summit type seminar I went to was the last Affiliate Force, when it was on the cruise, ran by Herby... Remember those days?

Well, I can't wait to go to this one. I'm sure things have changed juuuuust a bit, huh?

Going by myself and frankly, don't personally have any friends who're in this line of business, so hope to meet some new folks and make some new friends.

Wow you're an OLD-timer. The Herbie days - that seems like eons ago. ;)

Yep it will be a big change and a MUCH bigger show. But folks are friendly and you should have an easy time hooking up with people.

Sorry to hear you won't be there Linda, I have heard a lot of really nice things about you from a common associate, Evan.

For you guys that are going, as the AS gets closer in the next couple of weeks maybe we can arrange a 5 Star get together..

The shows are definitely a whirlwind, but I agree with Julia, it would be nice.

I will be attending with the Share Results team (Julia, Sarafina and Daniel).

Linda we should develop 5 star buttons to recognize other 5 star members at the show. We can hand them out at the Affiliate Summit. What do you think?

We just need a catchy slogan.......thoughts anyone?

"I am apart of the brightest affiliate forum" 5staraffiliateprograms.com

You guys are seriously tempting me to go. Still sitting on the fence because 1) it's local; and 2) it's Miami, which I assume would be a whole lot more fun than Orlando. The problem is that my July is pretty packed to hilt and I'm not sure whether I could make the time for it.

In any event, if I don't go, someone please send me a button. :D

~ Teli

Wiseguy - nope sorry not going to make this one either. I've missed the last 2 due to back and neck problems. It's just too hard for me to travel and deal with airport lines, conference chairs, hotel beds. The last convention I went to was WebmasterWorld 2 years ago and I had to change flights and fly home early due to pain.

I really SHOULD go - I really need the write-off and the contacts are invaluable.
It's killin me cuz I really need to be there, I just can't though.

I still have a few buttons from 2 Summits ago that say
"I'm a 5 Star Affliliate" with the 5 star logo thats in the banner
at bottom of the forum. That wouldnt work for the ShareResults team.

Could do...

5 Star Affiliate Marketers
Gather at the 5 Star Affiliate Forum

Or simply Proud Member - 5 Star Affiliate Forum

I really don't think people like wearing buttons though and
doubt anyone would put them on if I made them.

I'm going. The last big affiliate summit type seminar I went to was the last Affiliate Force, when it was on the cruise, ran by Herby... Remember those days?

Well, I can't wait to go to this one. I'm sure things have changed juuuuust a bit, huh?

Going by myself and frankly, don't personally have any friends who're in this line of business, so hope to meet some new folks and make some new friends.

Affiliate Summit is definitely a different animal from Affiliate Force.

My partner Missy and myself were helping Herby back in those days, but disagreed with him on the direction, so we figured we'd go off and try it ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back