The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Summit East

SarahT

Hi everyone. Hope you're all having a good week.

My company will be exhibiting as a merchant at the Affiliate Summit in Boston in August. This will be our first time attending and exhibiting at an affiliate event. Does anyone have any advise, tips or wisdom to pass along to help make this a successful experience?

Thanks in advance. I know it's a bit early but I'm really looking forward to this event!

Hi Sarah,

No you're not too early especially for asking questions as an exhibiting merchant.

Bring some good branded shwag to pass out at your booth. Sometimes having a theme helps. A couple years ago I helped PartnerCentric with Summit and came up with their promotional booth theme. It was:

"Relax! Let PartnerCentric Take the Stress Out of Affiliate Marketing!

We had massagers at the booth so people could stop for a massage break.
We gave away stuff like those stress relief balls you squeeze, with the PC logo.
We even had a cocktail party with New Age music and a real life masseuse,
doing free massages. It was pretty cool!

The other tip is just that some of the most valuable networking and contacts will happen at night
at the events, so use that time well to rub elbows with and get to know strong affiliates.

Sarah, how did you find the conference? :)

Our network had a great time. I certainly did. It was my first time attending one of these events, and I must say that it was quite a learning experience.

Might I also add that you can never be too young to attend these conferences. We met some "youngsters" in Boston. They were very ambitious!

The Summit was great! I was impressed with how well it was run. It was definitely beneficial. Good information as well as networking. Hopefully I'll be attending the Vegas one as well.

MI
Back