The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate links and coupon codes?

jjblond

As most of us know, there are a lot of coupon code websites on the web.

If we have an affiliate link. Is there a way to also show coupon codes?

I always search for codes before I buy. I figure if I can offer this to a customer it might help to keep them at my website and not wander off to another persons web page.
Does that information come from the merchant or is there another way to find/ promote coupon codes.

Any advise or information would be helpful.

Thank you
Jaime

Coupon codes are relatively easy to search for and us, however, it does not guarantee that they will follow your affiliate link. They may just look at the code and go directly to the site without setting your cookies. I have found that the best way is to offer the coupon code in an email, this way you give them the code, get their email from the opt in and can direct them to the site. It is very useful to have their email, because you can offer them more codes and offers that will increase your sales.

You can have it auto respond with the coupon and the link.

The coupon codes are given by the Merchant, because they have to have it in their system so they can give the discount. If you contact the affiliate manager they can usually give you a code (if they offer them).

Some Merchants do not like affiliates to offer the coupons directly on the site, because people can just use them without using the affiliate link. I like my affiliates to get the sale from offering the coupon.

I hope this helps

Dave

I'd recommend contacting the merchant that you're interested in working with directly for the latest coupon codes.

This way you'll be sure to get all the correct, up-to-date information, and you can also use the opportunity to negotiate exclusive coupons just for your site. They'll most likely set up specific links for the coupon offers to eliminate as much leakage as possible.

Cheers,

thanks for your help.
I just wasnt sure if the merchants gave that information to affiliates. That is great if they do.

Thanks again

If you're trying to build an email list, which you should, your email submit form could direct them to a page displaying the coupon code along with your affiliate link to the site. You get their email plus provide them with a link to lock the cookie. Get my drift?

banners
Back