The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate Advertisement And The US Law. I have a question.

jonathan9926

affiliate
Affiliate Advertisement And The US Law. I have a question.

Ok I'm pretty new to this whole affiliate thing. I'm at my first 3 months. I'm making money and stuff but it's really not that great atm. According to cj, it is around $50 a week.

Anyway, I'm worried about the US Laws and I don't want to get sued. I'm promoting these products based on what the propaganda that the advertiser or the site I'm getting money from is telling me. Some of the claims are pretty out there, some are promising miracle cures and stuff. Especially on clickbank.

The problem is according to the user agreement, the advertiser is not liable if I get sued. If I'm promoting a product (let's say it works for a lot of people) and it doesn't work for a guy, and that guy sued me, I think I'm going to be screwed.

Is there any way I can protect myself? Or are there any laws that prevent me from being liable? Am I totally safe? What's the deal? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Can anyone put my mind at ease. Please?

I'm basically doing a review of the products that I promote in my site. I put some testimonials from forums and from other not so refutable sites. I'm even afraid of giving bad reviews to some products that I'm not affiliated with. The company may get mad and sue me lol.

Hi FuzzyWuzzy,

The site owner should have a privacy policy, terms of use, and LIMITATION OF LIABILITY clause under the terms of use of his Website. The limitation of liability language should state clearly that the Website is not responsible for any advertising language or advertising content that the advertisers provide. Most Websites have this clause in the terms of use the site owner can look up. Facebook should have a very robust example. You can also look up the terms of use on review sites including Cnet.com, Engadget or Gizmodo to copy their language.

You should also ask the advertiser for a revised agreement/contract ASAP. Revised contracts should state that the advertiser is fully responsible for the customers or any claims that those customers bring.

banners
Back